Chicken with Rosemary Gravy

Ginny

I'm working on dinner. Dinner should be...chicken breasts, mashed taters, roasted brussels sprouts, cranberry apple chutney and rosemary gravy. It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. It reminds me of thanksgiving...and I would have this meal on Thanksgiving or any day!
IMG_8204.JPEG
IMG_8204.JPEG

Ginny

That gravy sounds really interesting, Ginny! Please post the recipe when you get a chance.

Lee
It is super easy. I make a "double" recipe of it, and that's what I've posted below. If you have a skillet that you've just used to cook your chicken, so much the better, but not mandatory. Recipe calls for rosemary (duh!), but I can imagine using other fresh herbs of your choice...

Rosemary Chicken Gravy

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or to taste)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon flour (I use Wondra)
2 packets chicken broth concentrate (I find it at QFC stores)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine water, flour & broth concentrate, set aside. Melt butter in small skillet or pan. Add rosemary and stir for a minute. Add water/flour/broth slurry. Cook & whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened. Add salt/pepper. Ta da.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It is super easy. I make a "double" recipe of it, and that's what I've posted below. If you have a skillet that you've just used to cook your chicken, so much the better, but not mandatory. Recipe calls for rosemary (duh!), but I can imagine using other fresh herbs of your choice...

Rosemary Chicken Gravy

2 tablespoons butter
1 cup water
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine water, flour & broth concentrate, set aside. Melt butter in small skillet or pan. Add rosemary and stir for a minute. Add water/flour/broth slurry. Cook & whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened. Add salt/pepper. Ta da.

What about the apples and cranberries and chutney (whatever that is)?

Lee

Edward.G

Rosemary Chicken Gravy

2 tablespoons butter
1 cup water
Salt & Pepper to taste

This sounds absolutely delicious and so easy to whip up! I love that you mentioned doubling the recipe perfect for leftovers or feeding a crowd. I also appreciate the tip about using the pan drippings from the chicken, adds so much flavor.

Ginny

What about the apples and cranberries and chutney (whatever that is)?

Lee
Cranberry/Apple Chutney

1 apple (your choice, I prefer something I would use to make a pie)
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 oz dried cranberries
1-3/4 Cups Water
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar

Peel, core & chop into 1/2-inch pieces. In a medium pot, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until fruit is render and liquid is mostly evaporated, about 10-12 minutes.

==

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cranberry/Apple Chutney

1 apple (your choice, I prefer something I would use to make a pie)
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 oz dried cranberries
1-3/4 Cups Water
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar

Peel, core & chop into 1/2-inch pieces. In a medium pot, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until fruit is render and liquid is mostly evaporated, about 10-12 minutes.

Thanks, Ginny!

I'm pretty sure that I've never had a chutney.

Lee

Ginny

I didn't realize that this became a new thread...LOL.

I love chutney. I make a few, but I buy them too. Especially Major Grey's "Sweet" Mango Chutney (NOT the "Hot" version!). I have to have Major Grey's for my naan with Chicken Curry! Look for it at your local market or Indian market. In the local stores, it can be tricky to find. Some put it in the British section, some in the Asian section, some just with the Peanut butter and jam. Go figure? It is worth learning where your store likes to stock it.