Biskit's TART'r' Sauce

Biskit

So, it would seem that Mrs. Biskit has decided to pick up some extra hours at the nursing home where she's a CNA. She tells Biskit that she won't be home til 9 pm or so. This leaves ol' Biskit in a quandry. He's gotta git his own supper!

Being no stranger to the freezer, Biskit snoops in there and finds a bag of popcorn shrimps and frozen mashed taters. "Whoopee!" Biskit is ecstatic, "Supper!" (Yes! Biskit lives in a part of the world where the evening meal is called "Supper!" as is proper ettikette!)

After starting the oven for to bake the shrimps, dolling out a proper amount of spuds into a bowl and starting the Nukulator, Biskit is unpleasantly surprised to find no tartar sauce for his shrimps. :doh: Biskit does not partake of sea food, shrimps even, with out tartar sauce.

"Hmmmm" says he, "I must be quick and resourceful if I am to have tartar sauce with my shrimps."

After a few moments of thought, he decided that he knew the forumla for the tart in tartar sauce. Lemon juice! After putting a fair layer of that stuff in a small container, Biskit plopped in a generous portion of Miracle Whip. He stirred this concoction together until he got the viscosity he desired. He, then, added some pickle relish and stirred that into the fomenting batch. Liberally sprinkled with black pepper and it weren't too bad for his shrimps.

Thank-you for your support! :tiphat:

chowhound

It's called supper here, too.
And your tar-tar sauce sounds fine to me.

But you really need to open up to seafood!
lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lol - love your little story!

Something else that'll do in a pinch: Mix Miracle Whip, Picante sauce, and garlic power. It kind of resembles remoulade.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Brilliant, Biskit! LOL!

Lee

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So, it would seem that Mrs. Biskit has decided to pick up some extra hours at the nursing home where she's a CNA. She tells Biskit that she won't be home til 9 pm or so. This leaves ol' Biskit in a quandry. He's gotta git his own supper!

Being no stranger to the freezer, Biskit snoops in there and finds a bag of popcorn shrimps and frozen mashed taters. "Whoopee!" Biskit is ecstatic, "Supper!" (Yes! Biskit lives in a part of the world where the evening meal is called "Supper!" as is proper ettikette!)

After starting the oven for to bake the shrimps, dolling out a proper amount of spuds into a bowl and starting the Nukulator, Biskit is unpleasantly surprised to find no tartar sauce for his shrimps. :doh: Biskit does not partake of sea food, shrimps even, with out tartar sauce.

"Hmmmm" says he, "I must be quick and resourceful if I am to have tartar sauce with my shrimps."

After a few moments of thought, he decided that he knew the forumla for the tart in tartar sauce. Lemon juice! After putting a fair layer of that stuff in a small container, Biskit plopped in a generous portion of Miracle Whip. He stirred this concoction together until he got the viscosity he desired. He, then, added some pickle relish and stirred that into the fomenting batch. Liberally sprinkled with black pepper and it weren't too bad for his shrimps.

Thank-you for your support! :tiphat:

Any real man knows that to make tartar sauce, you first must squeeze some lemons.
I say next time ask the wife in advance, before you go playing around with cooking seafood.
Or is that see food?
hmmmm
Looks like you got yourself in quite a pickle there, eh?

Last edited:

Biskit

Well,hey! Sass! Ummm....Biskit ain't no konishure in the kitchen. Heck He needs a recipe for a 3-minute egg. THEN, he finds out that it means the egg gits boiled!!! :bonk: So yeah, Biskit's proud of himself........uh little!

buckytom

Grill Master
my question is why do they need a certified novell administrator in a nursing home?

are the old folks going i.t.????

Biskit

my question is why do they need a certified novell administrator in a nursing home?

are the old folks going i.t.????

I dunno, I never asked.

Did you know, and I just learned, that Espresso is not a really fast Greek railroad train? :ohmy:

FireCapt

I make my own tarter sauce all the time, I mix mayo and pickle relish together and for a little kick I add a dash of red pepper powder to it. Not bad on breaded fish fillets or fish sticks!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ohhhh yeahhh! Silly me! :pat: Them space critters offa Star Trek :rolleyes: I shoulda known!

groan2.gif

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I dunno, I never asked.

Did you know, and I just learned, that Espresso is not a really fast Greek railroad train? :ohmy:

double
groan2.gif
!!

everyone knows espresso is the ostrich with the running shoes from donkey kong country!!

:yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I SO wish the word "espresso" was spelled "expresso", since that's the way I pronounce it.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I SO wish the word "espresso" was spelled "expresso", since that's the way I pronounce it.

Lee
:yum: thats the actual spelling for the bird in DK country!! btw after several espressos everything is expresso!!