BBQ sauce recipe for halogen oven

LastManStanding

Thought of making some bbq type chicken tomorrow. I'll use a halogen oven/an air fryer. It has a lid with a halogen lamp and a fan, if you know.
What's a good spicy sauce you know please? I currently have mustard seeds, chilli powder, tomato sauce, cloves, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, pandanus, and black pepper powder. What should be added from the above list? And approx. how much/what's the ratio please? (I'll buy a chicken of around 2kg).

Johnny West

from your list I would use

tomato sauce
chili powder
garlic
vinegar
sugar
black pepper

I would add cumin powder, onion powder or onions. The “all purpose” blend looks good. You might do a search for more recipes and ideas.

IMG_2745.jpeg

Johnny West

This is just one - there are so many. I like dry mustard and would add that. Sometime I’m going to add wasabi.

LastManStanding

from your list I would use

tomato sauce
chili powder
garlic
vinegar
sugar
black pepper

I would add cumin powder, onion powder or onions. The “all purpose” blend looks good. You might do a search for more recipes and ideas.

View attachment 69125
Thanks. My main reason to mention what I have is that I can't find many of those ingredients found in recipe websites. E.g. I can't find thyme or oregano. But this list gives me an idea of the ratio, and I'll use the one that's closest to above options.
I'm thinking of adding curry leaves and cloves too. Then dip a crushed pandanus leaf, maybe.

LastManStanding

I made it today. Added curry leaves, ginger, cumin, and onions too. Turned out good. My niece and nephew loved it. Had no proper ratio guide anyway, but I adjusted it to taste. Collected the fat and sauce mix that dripped to the bowl. I might use it in something if it smells and tastes good, or just throw it away. lol. Totally happy it wasn't a disaster.