2 tablespoons butter
1 cup grated sharp cheese
4 eggs
4 dashes hot pepper sauce
4 dashes Worcestershire
1/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup light cream
Buttered toast

Put butter into a baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep. Warm dish long enough to melt butter. Cool dish so eggs will not set but butter will remain liquid. Sprinkle one half of cheese over butter. Break eggs into 4 separate spaces, far enough apart so they will not run into each other. Put dashes of hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire in center of each egg yolk. Spoon ketchup over yolks. Pour in cream. Sprinkle remaining cheese over eggs. Bake in moderate oven 350 degrees F until eggs are set.

Serve each egg on a slice of buttered toast and spoon the pan sauces over it.:brows:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This sounds interesting, Sass!

I like yolks a little on the runny side, and with the cold liquids in there, they will take longer than a poached eggs in hot water will. How long would you guess? Maybe 10 minutes at 350?

I'll give it a try!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made two baked eggs this morning ..... SINFULLY DELICIOUS!!

I kept checking them, since I had no idea how long to bake them, and when the edges started to bubble, I gently touched the yolk and it felt just right. Twelve minutes was perfect for me - the white was cooked but the yolk was still runny.

I just had one on toast with a couple of slices of bacon, and that was plenty! Very rich and wonderful!

Next time, though, I will melt butter in the microwave (I melted it in the casserole dish in the oven and had to wait till the dish cooled), and I'd use more hot sauce, since I couldn't taste it at all.

You have some terrific recipes, Sass!

Here are a couple of pictures without flash - the flash totally whited out the photos.

Lee