Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball bites

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites

From: https://iambaker.net/bacon-cheese-b...I7ZfilgpNb4zxGLvC0Hqo3lVAisuTdsZqOPxN2z8oDSU4

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 ounce package dry ranch mix
8 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, and ranch package. Form into 16 small balls (about 1/2 inch) and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.

In a small bowl or on a plate, stir together cooked bacon, chives, and pecans.

Roll balls in bacon-chive-pecan mixture.

Serve. If not immediately serving, loosely cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

----Note-----
You want crispy bacon… nothing chewy allowed! Then chop your crispy bacon into small pieces. If they get too big they won’t fit nicely onto your cheese ball bites.

Your chives should be a fresh and fragrant as possible. I had to go to 3 stores to find some that actually had flavor! Just like the bacon, make sure you do a fine dice.

I tried candied pecans as well as roasted pecans to see if it would make a difference and ultimately we found that regular old chopped pecans worked great.

After you have mixed together all of the ingredients I recommend grabbing a pair of gloves to mix up the individual bites. The first time I made them it was a sight to behold… cream cheese and cheese covering my entire hand! The next time I grabbed a pair of gloves and not only was the clean up easier, but it also went a lot faster. We were able to roll out about 16 cheese ball bites, but it may vary depending on how big you make yours. I liked them on the smaller side… about 1 inch in diameter.

BaconRanchcheese-ballBites.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cheese balls look and sound incredible, Doc! I also love those half cracker, half pretzel crackers - just picked up a box of them last week!

Lee

Reactions: Doc