Asian Dumpling Meatballs

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Easy, delicious, and great to have the flavor without the wrapper!

Served with Asian Braised Red Cabbage and steamed carrots.

Lee

Dumpling MEATBALLS

Dumpling Meatballs

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE MEATBALLS

2 lb. ground pork

1 green onion, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish

2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro

2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce

2 tsp. sesame oil

1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 large egg, lightly beaten

Cooking spray

FOR DIPPING SAUCE

1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce

3 tbsp. rice vinegar

2 tbsp. sambal olek or chili garlic sauce

1 tsp. toasted sesame oil

1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

Green leaf lettuce, for serving (optional)

This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 450°. Make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine pork, green onion, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder, and egg. Using damp hands, form mixture into 1 1/2"meatballs.
  2. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange meatballs about an inch apart on tray. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sambal olek or chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
  4. Transfer cooked meatballs to a plate and sprinkle with green onion. Serve with dipping sauce, with lettuce leaves on the side if desired.

Asian dumpling meatballs.JPG

Dumplings plated.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great! Is the meatball recipe posted?

Oops, I thought I posted it. Went back to edit.

BTW, I tried it using Boston lettuce leaves as wraps, but didn't care for it. Maybe if I'd made the meatballs larger and/or in logs I would have liked it better.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Craig's made banh mi meatballs, then shredded carrots and finely julienned red bell to make Boston lettuce wraps before. He also made some kind of sauce to go with, but neither of us remembers. I'm think a mix of hoisin, sesame oil, sriracha/sambal or some other hot sauce would be good, with maybe a bit of soy sauce or tamari thrown in.