Apricot Pull-aparts

Phiddlechik

Simmered diced, dried apricots in a saucepan with corn syrup, honey, orange juice, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg.
Cut flaky biscuits in quarters. Dip in butter. yep.
put some of the apricot syrup in bottom of loaf pan, layer biscuits and remaining syrup. Bake. Sometimes the tops get brown before done, so turn heat down and bake until center is no longer doughy.

Attachments

• DSCN3833.jpg
    DSCN3833.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,083
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh wow, that sounds and looks great! I wonder how it would be with a litle whip cream or even some vanilla ice cream. I see some dessert in my near future!! :clap: :thumb:

Phiddlechik

Yes, a scoop of Breyers natural vanill would be awesome... or butter brickle. I divided it into portions, put it into storage bags after they cooled, put in freezer. Then can just take out a serving, zap it, top it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yes, a scoop of Breyers natural vanill would be awesome... or butter brickle. I divided it into portions, put it into storage bags after they cooled, put in freezer. Then can just take out a serving, zap it, top it.

Oh, that's a great tip! Thanks. It's just me and DW, so that tip is going to come in handy!

Phiddlechik

and one could do it with different types of fruits, raspberry jam with plumped craisins, dried cherries, etc...
could also bake them in muffin tins for uniform servings. If so, I'd probably cut the biscuits into 6ths.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Phiddle, is this similar to "monkey bread" that is often baked in a tube or bundt pan?

Lee