Anyone coloring Easter Eggs ....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
....besides me?

I color them every year, and always get a kick out of it. The smell of the vinegar, the little tablets, the copper dipper - everything reminds me of the childhood times we spent coloring eggs at my grandmother's house.

I don't get fancy - just the primary colors, no stickers or wax or patterns.

Now, I suppose I have to refrigerate these, right? Wish I could keep them in a basket on the counter!

Lee

Attachments

• Easter Eggs 2011.JPG
    Easter Eggs 2011.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 98

mhend

Pretty, Lee! We're coloring Easter Eggs here too. All the kids in the family are coming here for an egg hunt on Sunday! :w00t::lol:

We have a tradition for Easter where I take some eggs, poke holes at either end of the egg and blow out all of the contents, rinse with water and let them dry. Then we take colored pencils, crayons, markers, etc and decorate them. After they're decorated I put a coat of clear nail polish on them to seal the color and that's it! I like them so much I keep them out all year long on a book shelf, and each one has it's own little memory attached to it. :)

DSC_0014.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I truly do love the memories that you’ve evoked Lee. The vinegar, the tablets, the copper dipper. Awesome.

But, we’ve decided this year to forgo the coloring of the eggs in favor of the plastic hollow eggs. We’re putting candy and money in the eggs and hiding them, and we don’t have to worry about some being lost and going rotten, not to mention……..who is going to eat 4 dozen boiled eggs????

Seems wasteful to me, so we’re doing plastic with hidden goodies inside.

I’ll always love those childhood memories of the vinegar and tablets and copper dipper and color…..but this year, we’re a stop on the Easter Ride, so the grand-kids won’t be here to actually color them. And I doubt any of them would eat them. So we’re going plastic.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mary, those eggs are GORGEOUS!!! What a wonderful tradition!

Keltin, just get yourself a dozen white eggs and color them for your own pleasure! That's what I did!

I'll bring a couple to my mom and aunt as part of our Easter dinner, and I'll share some with neighbors who don't color eggs, but I did it mostly for myself.

Wish I could give YOU a few! :)

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Mary, those eggs are GORGEOUS!!! What a wonderful tradition!

Keltin, just get yourself a dozen white eggs and color them for your own pleasure! That's what I did!

I'll bring a couple to my mom and aunt as part of our Easter dinner, and I'll share some with neighbors who don't color eggs, but I did it mostly for myself.

Wish I could give YOU a few! :)

Lee

HAHA! Yeah! You may have a point there Lee! Thank you for bringing that back in focus for me! :kiss: :thumb:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
tye-dying mine for the sorta hippie sorta-phishhead kiddos i am so proud to be an aunt to :), the boys'll luv them, i think.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm on that one , lee & keltin, getting fresher eggs before i dye them, though. & then devin wants to learn how to make my crabmeat-stuffed 'shrooms. he wants to be a chef. :) he's only 8, yet they're so simplistic to make .that's my nephew! ready already to cook!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I colour eggs every year!! It's practically the only time of year I eat hard boiled eggs, as well. I got to colour even more than usual for the restaurant.