Amazon Marketplace

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
So, The long-empty building that K-Mart used to live in is now an "Amazon Marketplace".
It's been open for over a week now ...
On my way home from Grocery Shopping at my Giant I thought I'd poke my head in to
see what it's all about. Knowing that Amazon recently bought COSCO, I figgered it would
be something on that order... Turns out, it's a Supermarket, just like ACME or Giant. I took the
liberty of comparing five items that I'd just bought at Giant with the prices in the Newbie. All
five were at least 10% higher at the Newbie!
(I bought a normal-sized bunch of Scallions, just in case Security was following me ; $1.69)
My neighbor and I were passing the time of day later... I mentioned my visit to the new store,
and what I'd found during my visit .
She said she had seen their Grand Opening circular and thought the prices were very reasonable
until she saw the fine print at the bottom stating that y'all needed to have Amazon Prime to get
the sale prices... WTF ???

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Are you referring to Cosco, the people who make old fashioned stools? Or Costco, the giant warehouse store?

Because Amazon didn't buy Costco. That rumor has been flying around for years.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Are you referring to Cosco, the people who make old fashioned stools? Or Costco, the giant warehouse store?

Because Amazon didn't buy Costco. That rumor has been flying around for years.
I was referring to costco, but I meant to say Whole Foods... you'll understand when you're older, lol !

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was referring to costco, but I meant to say Whole Foods... you'll understand when you're older, lol !

Amazon did buy Whole Foods, which is an upscale supermarket, relatively small in my area. Even the sale prices at Whole Foods are relatively high, but the produce, fresh fish and meats are terrific. No fee to get whatever discount prices, just have to sign up.

Lee