2020 Christmas Cookies

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I started my holiday cookies.
Actually I think this year I will make all my cookie dough first. I'll freeze the dough if not baking within a few days. Then bake them off closer to Christmas.

I made the dough for these today:
Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Macadamia Cookies With White Chocolate Chunks
Snickerdoodles

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm a bit achy this morning but I want to prep some more cookie dough today.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I took a break yesterday.

Today I made the dough for these:
Texas Pecan Sandies (Shortbread)
Gingerbread Cookies
Sugar Cookies
Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Italian Anise Cookies

All 9 batches of dough are in the freezer waiting to be baked.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I baked the:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Macadamia Cookies With White Chocolate Chunks
Italian Anise Cookies (will glaze them tomorrow)

I aggravated my shoulder while baking and this and that along the way.

I made mini sugar cookies, so I don't think I will ice them.

DD did the icing and decorating of the Gingerbread Cookies

gingerbread_cookies_decorated_121920_1_IMG_7465.JPG

gingerbread_cookies_decorated_121920_2_IMG_7469.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have 4 more cookies to bake. The cream cheese and jelly, peanut butter and snickerdoodles need a little extra work but the oatmeal raisin are easy.
Then I need to glaze the anisette cookies and dip the acorns in caramel and chopped walnuts.
I am cutting it close. This dang shoulder is throwing a monkey wrench into the gears and setting me back.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't think I will be baking today.
Well had something unexpected come up. My hub went to ATM to get out money for shopping. The ATM took his card, said the transaction could not be completed and didn't return his card. The same thing happened to the next person. So I spent an hour with the automated system (GRRRRR I hate those), then had to argue that we didn't lose the card the ATM took it. They charge for lost cards. They canceled the old one and ordered a new one. It will take 6 business days to get here. So had to argue to get a temporary card now. The problem is that most of the banks around here are closed for inside lobby business just ATM. So it took a bit to get a list with open lobbies. Then going there and waiting for them to issue a temp card. I aggravated my shoulder and am stressed out. I think I will take a nap and think about it later. Tomorrow is another day!
Sorry vent over.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my GOD, Peep, those cookies are so CUTE!!! The googly-eyed bears and gingerbread men are my favorites, LOL!
Looks like a ton of work for you and DD! I'd be sorry to eat them!

And sorry that you're in pain, both physically and emotionally! I don't think you are a cocktail drinker, but a strong martini or a shot of tequila would be great at a time like this!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh my GOD, Peep, those cookies are so CUTE!!! The googly-eyed bears and gingerbread men are my favorites, LOL!
Looks like a ton of work for you and DD! I'd be sorry to eat them!

And sorry that you're in pain, both physically and emotionally! I don't think you are a cocktail drinker, but a strong martini or a shot of tequila would be great at a time like this!

Lee
Thank you, Lee.

Thankfully I got all the dough for the cookies made and in the freezer before the shoulder started acting up.

I made the gingerbread dough. DD rolled, cut and the decorated the gingerbread cookies. All I did was make the royal icing and colored the different batches she needed.

I have a small bottle of Kahlua and some heavy cream. I may see a Sombrero tonight. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here pictures of a few of the cookies I did today. I am beat. Hopefully I will pass out and get some good sleep tonight.
I will try to remember to get a picture of a cookie tray.

acorn_cookies_122320_IMG_7475.JPG

Acorns

anisette_cookies_122320_IMG_7478.JPG

Anisette Cookies

cream_cheese_jelly_apricot_122320_IMG_7473.JPG

cream_cheese_jelly_strawberry_122320_IMG_7474.JPG

Strawberry and Apricot Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies