Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
PXL_20220204_212320248.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful!

I would like to see the recipe posted, too, RM, when you can!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Focaccia with herbs

1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves of fresh minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh chopped thyme or 1 tsp dried
1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary or 1 tsp dried
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp fine salt, divided
1 c warm water (110 - 120 degrees Fahrenheit)
1 packet of dry active yeast
1/4 tsp of honey
2 1/2 c of bread or all-purpose flour, divided
1/4 c finely grated Parmesan or Parmesan mix

In a cold medium skillet, combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper and 1/4 tsp of salt. Stir to combine. Turn heat to low and let mixture come to a gentle simmer to meld the flavors, stirring occasionally. DO NOT LET GARLIC BROWN.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl combine the warm water, yeast and honey. Gently stir to mix and let sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add 1 cup of the flour, cheese and 1/4 c of the olive oil mixture. Stir until it is moistened then let rest for 5 minutes. Place on a lightly floured surface and kneed 10-15 times until smooth then add to the oiled bowl. Cover and place in a warm spot or use the bread proof option of your oven to rise for 1 hour.
After 1 hr, warm oven to 450 degrees. Lift dough to deflate and place in a 9x13 baking sheet that has been oiled with plain olive oil. Stretch dough to a rectangle approximately 1/2 inch thick. “Dimple” the dough with your fingertips then spread the remaining herb and garlic olive oil on top. Add additional toppings to your liking. Let rest for 20 minutes.
Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool on rack 😊

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Focaccia with herbs

1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves of fresh minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh chopped thyme or 1 tsp dried
1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary or 1 tsp dried
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp fine salt, divided
1 c warm water (110 - 120 degrees Fahrenheit)
1 packet of dry active yeast
1/4 tsp of honey
2 1/2 c of bread or all-purpose flour, divided
1/4 c finely grated Parmesan or Parmesan mix

In a cold medium skillet, combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper and 1/4 tsp of salt. Stir to combine. Turn heat to low and let mixture come to a gentle simmer to meld the flavors, stirring occasionally. DO NOT LET GARLIC BROWN.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl combine the warm water, yeast and honey. Gently stir to mix and let sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add 1 cup of the flour, cheese and 1/4 c of the olive oil mixture. Stir until it is moistened then let rest for 5 minutes. Place on a lightly floured surface and kneed 10-15 times until smooth then add to the oiled bowl. Cover and place in a warm spot or use the bread proof option of your oven to rise for 1 hour.
After 1 hr, warm oven to 450 degrees. Lift dough to deflate and place in a 9x13 baking sheet that has been oiled with plain olive oil. Stretch dough to a rectangle approximately 1/2 inch thick. “Dimple” the dough with your fingertips then spread the remaining herb and garlic olive oil on top. Add additional toppings to your liking. Let rest for 20 minutes.
Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool on rack 😊
I have a question. In the list of ingredients you list 2 1/2 cup flour. But in the instructions I only see 1 cup flour being used. Did I read it wrong?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tortellini soup. I made another one today with just the herbs and cheese topping. We're having that with bacon wrapped chicken breasts in a jalapeno cream sauce with roasted cauliflower

I'm moving in with you!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I have a question. In the list of ingredients you list 2 1/2 cup flour. But in the instructions I only see 1 cup flour being used. Did I read it wrong?
Sorry, my mistake! It is all the flour….I must have been distracted by my grandson at the time of posting lol