Baja Citrus Grilled Shrimp

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As I've often said, I am not a huge fan of shrimp.

But a neighbor gave me a couple of grilled shrimp she'd made and I LOVED them!

Marinated in a packet of McCormick's Grill Mates "Baja Citrus", with a little oil, a little orange juice, and a little honey. DEEEEEE licious!

I served them over whole grain linguini with browned butter and sage sauce. God, so good! :blob_blue:

Also served a juicy fresh tomato salad with French bread to sop stuff up.

Lee
grilled shrimp and  pasta.JPG
baja citrus marinade.jpg

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You're right on with this recommendation. I cooked some of these last night and absolutely loved them. I had four left for lunch, only four :(. When I first read the back of the pkt, I thought I bought the wrong marinade. The oj/honey directions are on there, just have to look below the regular directions. I already have 3 more pkts on my grocery list. This will be a regular for me. Thanks!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I got all the ingredients.
I'll be using green onions in mine because I love them and think they'll add to it.
20191103_152029-768x768.jpg

Wish me luck! Lol
20191103_152029-768x768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, it never occurred to me to use cooked shrimp. Glad it worked out for you!

What did you do for a pasta sauce?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, it never occurred to me to use cooked shrimp. Glad it worked out for you!

What did you do for a pasta sauce?

Lee
Yes, cooked worked just fine!
I thawed them, then pan "grilled" them in Irish butter and a few drops of olive oil.

Pasta sauce? Didn't.
I tossed the linguini in butter while still hot.
While eating I mixed the shrimp in with the pasta, it picked up the wonderful flavours from the marinade.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heyyyyyy, thanks for bumping this up, Cooksie!

I was trying to think of something to grill that I haven't had in awhile, and this fits the bill!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I cooked wings marinated in the Baja marinade in the air fryer. The first batch was way too dark, probably because of the citrus/honey. The second batch was great. I'm still learning with my air fryer.

I love the marinade with shrimp, but it is also mighty tasty on chicken too.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Inspired by Cooksie.

This time I had Colossal sized shrimp. Grilled and served with a 3-bean pasta salad and Take and Bake ciabatta.

Lee
Shrimp.JPG

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I did wings again in the Baja marinade last night. I did marinate them longer than15 mins. Really good :)

Edit to Add: This time I used the oil, water, vinegar method. It seems to work better on chicken wings than the other way with the honey because of the longer cooking time for chicken. Shrimp, I'll probably use the other method with the honey and oj.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Would love a photo of your Baja wings, Cooksie!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Did they look like the ones in your photo? They were beautiful!

Lee
They looked similar, just not quite as browned. This time I did whole wings with the tips trimmed. Love them, they're all gone now.
I think I did the others in the air fryer. I feel like I have better control over the browning in oven.