I'm listening to ....

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I like a wide range of music but I’ve never heard Charlie Rich, that I know of. So cool to discover some golden oldies ??
I like a wide range of music too.

We're just going to have to acquaint you with some country songs. Surely you've heard of Reba McEntire. This is a litltle more up to date and maybe?? more to your liking.

Or maybe Gretchen Wilson. She's basically a country singer but does some stuff like this.

Last edited:

Ironman

🍺
I like a wide range of music too.

We're just going to have to acquaint you with some country songs. Surely you've heard of Reba McEntire. This is a litltle more up to date and maybe?? more to your liking.

Or maybe Gretchen Wilson. She's basically a country singer but does some stuff like this.

Yes Cooksie, I’ve heard of Reba. The Bad Company cover is really good! I saw Bad Company in Milwaukee. I saw Alabama at the county fair once lol.

2 Women with very powerful voices! ? I’ll invest more. ?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have loved this song and James Taylor for a long time. It was very interesting to find out what the song was really about. Fascinating guy.

Now I'm curious. If you're not going to tell us, I'll have to go do some reading.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Taylor wrote "Fire and Rain" in 1968. The song has three verses. One is about a friend who committed suicide, another is about Taylor's addiction to heroin, the third refers to a mental hospital and a band Taylor started called The Flying Machine. Each verse is followed by the same chorus, `I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.' James Taylor told me he can't stand to hear his songs on the radio. He dives for the dial if "Fire and Rain" comes on. But it remains a song he likes to sing and one that audiences always wait for.

Read more >>> Fire And Rain

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Now I'm curious. If you're not going to tell us, I'll have to go do some reading.
I've read several things throughout the years about the meaning behind song lyrics. All very interesting.
By the way Cooksie, the little girl in the video I posted was a little wing walking daredevil along with her Father.
I believe they traveled Europe for years performing stunts.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Taylor wrote "Fire and Rain" in 1968. The song has three verses. One is about a friend who committed suicide, another is about Taylor's addiction to heroin, the third refers to a mental hospital and a band Taylor started called The Flying Machine. Each verse is followed by the same chorus, `I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.' James Taylor told me he can't stand to hear his songs on the radio. He dives for the dial if "Fire and Rain" comes on. But it remains a song he likes to sing and one that audiences always wait for.

Read more >>> Fire And Rain
I've read several things throughout the years about the meaning behind song lyrics. All very interesting.
By the way Cooksie, the little girl in the video I posted was a little wing walking daredevil along with her Father.
I believe they traveled Europe for years performing stunts.
Thanks Peeps! It seems that a lot of the artists during that time period became addicted to drugs. Heroin must be the worst of the worst. Suicide and the looney bin :(.

Sass, she sure was a daredevil and a very cute one too. Thanks!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have loved this song and James Taylor for a long time. It was very interesting to find out what the song was really about. Fascinating guy.

If you like this kind of stuff, go read all the comments on youtube for Seger's Fire Lake. It was an eye-opening thing for me. Evidently that song contains a lot of symbolic meaning:
Chrome Three Wheeler - older rider, which makes sense to me
Afraid to cut the cake - afraid to get married, which makes sense to me
Gypsy leathers - I just thought that was a popular thing to wear among motorcycle riders...maybe not
Eights and aces, long shot gamble - I'll just let you decide
Oh God, am I really here - ???

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, she sure was a daredevil and a very cute one too. Thanks!
Mildred Unger, whose father was an early balloonist and aviator, is best known for taking one of the hippest dance crazes of the time to the skies as she performed the Charleston on the wing of an airplane as a ten year old in 1926! She did her dancing at an altitude of 2,000 feet.

?