MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PORK LOIN

Ol-blue

This pork turns out so tender and juicy. It's so easy to prepare and gravy is made while the pork is baking. This is a great recipe for the Dutch oven.
Enjoy! Debbie

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PORK LOIN

MeltinyourmouthPorkLoin2724.jpg

2 1/2 to 3 pound(s) PORK LOIN ROAST; Boneless.
1 clove(s) (small) GARLIC; Cut Into Slivers.
FLOUR
1 to 2 tablespoon(s) OIL
1 package(s) LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX
1 can(s) (10 3/4 ounce) CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
2 cup(s) WATER; Hot.
SALT; To Taste.
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
_____

Poke holes all around pork loin, insert garlic.
Season pork with salt and pepper to taste.
Coat meat well with flour.
Heat oil in cast iron skillet or a heavy skillet.
Brown meat on all sides.
Mix the mushroom soup and onion soup mix together with the hot water.
Slowly add soup to the roast allowing some of the onion pieces to rest on the top of the pork loin as much as possible.
Cover pan and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Serve gravy over mashed potatoes if desired.
_____

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I LOVE this recipe!!!

I have used it on pork loin, on pork chops, on country style ribs and on a pot roast!

It's so easy, versatile and delicious, that I asked Debbie to re-post it here, with the picture she took!

Thanks, Deb!

Lee

Abby

More coffee please
Super Site Supporter
I've never tried using the lipton onion soup/mushroom soup on a pork roast before, but it sure does sound good! I mainly will use the two soups for a pot roast. I have a pork roast in the 'frig that I was going to put in the slow cooker with some sauerkraut, but I think I'll try it this way instead! Thanks for sharing!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am going to try this soon. i do this with a bottom round but never tried it with pork. i do the beef on top of the stove will that work with the pork also?

chowhound

Hey, Debbie...
What is the fine nuance ;^) between the regular onion soup and the beefy onion soup? I notice that the clone recipes for Lipton's onion soup calls for beef bouillon. One would think that the beefy onion soup would have the bouillon.
I'm sure either would work, but do you know the difference? Just curious as I have the beefy onion from making your meatloaf recipe once in a while.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hey, Debbie...
What is the fine nuance ;^) between the regular onion soup and the beefy onion soup? I notice that the clone recipes for Lipton's onion soup calls for beef bouillon. One would think that the beefy onion soup would have the bouillon.
I'm sure either would work, but do you know the difference? Just curious as I have the beefy onion from making your meatloaf recipe once in a while.
lipton onion soup tastes pretty beefy to me. i use it for meatloaf, pot roast etc. what is "beefy onion soup" a different brand of soup mix?

chowhound

lipton onion soup tastes pretty beefy to me. i use it for meatloaf, pot roast etc. what is "beefy onion soup" a different brand of soup mix?

It's made by Lipton, in the Secret Recipes line. Ol-Blue called for it in a meatloaf recipe I make, so I always keep some on hand. Obviously there must be a difference if she suggests the regular onion soup mix here.
And like I said before, I'm sure both could be used, I'm just curious what the difference is.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's made by Lipton, in the Secret Recipes line. Ol-Blue called for it in a meatloaf recipe I make, so I always keep some on hand. Obviously there must be a difference if she suggests the regular onion soup mix here.
And like I said before, I'm sure both could be used, I'm just curious what the difference is.
hmmmmmmmm i never noticed there were 2 kinds i buy secrets and regular which ever i see first and never noticed a difference. LOL

chowhound

Very good recipe, Debbie :applause:
You're right, the gravy absolutely makes itself! Killer gravy :a1:

My changes were I used Beefy onion soup mix, and instead of water, about 1-1/2 cups RR's chicken stock and 1/2 c her beef stock.
Very good recipe.

Attachments

• loin roast1.jpg
    loin roast1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,605
  • loin roast2.jpg
    loin roast2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,664
  • pork loin roast dinner.jpg
    pork loin roast dinner.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,601

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Very good recipe, Debbie :applause:
You're right, the gravy absolutely makes itself! Killer gravy :a1:

My changes were I used Beefy onion soup mix, and instead of water, about 1-1/2 cups RR's chicken stock and 1/2 c her beef stock.
Very good recipe.
stop!! you're killing me!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is a fantastic recipe!

I've used it with pork chops and country style ribs, too. Always turns out great!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Going to make this with two big fat pork steaks next week.

Will post pics.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
bump. Talking about Ol' Blue and her great recipes. This is one of my favorites.

The gravy is plentiful and delicious!

Lee

P.S. Guess I forgot to post photos of the pork steaks, huh? :)