Whats on the plate 8/5/10?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mama, you know me...I don't have recipes, but I'd be happy to tell you what I used and how I did it.

1/2 # (little less, probably) of spaghetti
1 pound of shrimp, heads and shells intact
2 soft shell crabs
3/4 C butter
8 garlic cloves
2 -3 C chardonay
1T red pepper flakes
2 chopped ripe tomatoes
1/4 C julienned basil
grated cheese
S&P

Remove the heads and shells from the shrimp and place in a large saute pan with 1/2 C butter and 1.5C wine . Cook gently for about 15 minutes, pressing on the heads to squeeze out all the ....stuff.

In another pan, saute the chopped tomatoes in the butter with the garlic, S&P and the red pepper flakes. Add the rest of the wine, adding more if necessary. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Pour the contents of the first frying pan through a sieve into the pan with the tomatoes. Add the crabs and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Meantime, cook the spaghetti al dente.

Just as the spaghetti is finishing, remove the crabs and set asside. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Drain the spaghetti and then add it to the frying pan along with 3/4 of the basil. Let it cook in the sauce for 2-3 minutes. Split it between 2 bowls, top with the crab, grate cheese on top and sprinkle with remaining basil.

We drank proseco with ours...:wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well kick me in the butt. We bought a Hormel “Pork Tenderloin” from Dollar General Market for $4.80. It was huge, and looked a bit weird, but for 4.80, I figured I’d try it. Turns out, when I cut the package open, it was a bunch of PIECES of a pork tenderloin all packed together.

Oh well, it’s still tenderloin, and it saves me cutting it myself. So I injected the pieces with Cajun butter and grilled with salt and pepper. Very tender meat, but a bit hard to slice if your were planning on a sliced presentation. I just served it as chunks on the plate and we cut it like steaks. With the pork we had fries, fresh green beans, Olive Oil & Herb pasta, and garlic bread.

step1-60.jpg

step2-54.jpg

step3-47.jpg

mhend

Well kick me in the butt. We bought a Hormel “Pork Tenderloin” from Dollar General Market for $4.80. It was huge, and looked a bit weird, but for 4.80, I figured I’d try it. Turns out, when I cut the package open, it was a bunch of PIECES of a pork tenderloin all packed together.

Oh well, it’s still tenderloin, and it saves me cutting it myself. So I injected the pieces with Cajun butter and grilled with salt and pepper. Very tender meat, but a bit hard to slice if your were planning on a sliced presentation. I just served it as chunks on the plate and we cut it like steaks. With the pork we had fries, fresh green beans, Olive Oil & Herb pasta, and garlic bread.

step1-60.jpg

step2-54.jpg

step3-47.jpg

It all looks wonderful, but I am really loving those green beans! :clap: