What we're eating Sunday January 14 - Saturday January 20 2024

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking a frittata or an egg bake today.
Went ahead and made this.
I'll be having some shortly, then take the rest for Collette and I to share at work tonight.
5 eggs, sauteed spinach, red onion, shredded parmesan, sliced little tomatoes, black pepper and nutmeg.

IMG_20240116_125909923.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
A steamed artichokex with melted lemon garlic butter. And half of a Shake and Bake pork steak (isn't that coating supposed to get crispy?)

Lee

View attachment 63948
Looks great! What kind of liquid did you use before the coating? A little water/egg works wellโ€ฆ.for me anyway lol
Iโ€™ve also found if you bake them on a rack in the sheet pan they get crispier.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, Shake and Bake rarely ever gets crispy for me, unless I flip the chops halfway through, also depends on how much fat is on the meat.

Today I'm having some bits of leftover rotisserie chicken, I've got the drumsticks and the dinky, almost non-existent wings lol
Thought about making the cinnamon rice and a romaine salad as well.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
RM, I just sprinkled a little water on the pork steaks, as directed on the package. Maybe if I spray them with olive oil before shaking?

Lora, they were thin, so I only baked them for 20 minutes at 400. They were okay, but I was expecting crispier. I will lower my expectations from now on. :)

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Today I'm having some bits of leftover rotisserie chicken, I've got the drumsticks and the dinky, almost non-existent wings lol
Thought about making the cinnamon rice and a romaine salad as well.
Nice combination, though not very colourful.

I love the lebanese type rice, so easy... so good.
This time I added an extra bit of cinnamon.

1T butter, chopped onion- add cinnamon, then chicken stock, then the rice. Boil covered 15 minutes.

I'm crazy about the Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing.
40 calories, 2g fat per 2 T.

IMG_20240117_152114538.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
I'm planning ham and bean soup tomorrow.
Yours looks fabulous , RM! โ˜บ๏ธ

Today it's going to be either pasta Alfredo, or butternut black bean squash soup.

Johnny West

The butterball came out looking pallid but sure tasted good.

View attachment 63970
I had a leg and thigh with two boiled Yukon gold potatoes, sausage dressing, and an organic gravy. Her home canned cranberry sauce was like dessert. The dressing was a boxed gluten free product she got on line and with her veg she adds made it quite good. The gravy packets were from Whole Foods.

Iโ€™ll have to look for GF noodles today.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Peeps, thanks for the thanks sweetie ๐Ÿ˜˜
Hope you're doing well.
๐Ÿ˜‰