What is your favorite diner?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Mel's Diner in Naples. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Friendly, fast service and very good food. Also inexpensive so they're doing big business in this economy.

Derek

Banned
Mel's Diner in Naples. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Friendly, fast service and very good food. Also inexpensive so they're doing big business in this economy.
Do they have a waitress name Vera and Alice?

I remember the telly version of the show!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
In WA, I would say Andy's diner in Auburn, but the Noshville diner in Nashville, TN is the best overall.........for me anyway, lol :)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We have a diner in town calleed Mr Munch that is good for the fast stuff like burgers & breakfasts. I once had the chilli, never again - tinned and no flavour.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I love the waffle house, too--especially when I am down South--we use to always order their pecan waffles.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I love the waffle house, too--especially when I am down South--we use to always order their pecan waffles.

dont get SK and i on the waffle house menu...i bet we both could name it off...oh the fond greasy memories..lol

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
dont get SK and i on the waffle house menu...i bet we both could name it off...oh the fond greasy memories..lol

It is all the rich fat in the recipe that makes them so good! You can find copycat recipes online and I have made them--they are incredibly calorie laden but oh so good!

Elaine l

I noticed that, but couldn't bring myself to correct them. I have a diner called Miss Brunswick Diner that has some great stuff, looks like something out of the fifties... I have been to better, but this one is the best local one to me. Breakfast is great there too.

We used to go there too. My daughter went to Bowdoin so we used to stop there. It is a neat little diner.