What brands of Stocks or Broths do you use

Lefty

Yank
I also make mine home made when I buy a rotisserie chicken with the leftovers... Nothing beats home made.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I use a lot of chicken flavorings too and like to keep Minors Low Sodium Chicken Base on hand. It has no MSG. It's 100% All-Natural, NO artificial ingredients, NO chemical preservatives and NO artificial coloring. I really like the taste of it. It keeps for a long time in the fridge. 3/4 of a teaspoon makes one cup of broth and it only has 125 mg of sodium compared to Swanson's low sodium with 570mg. per cup
i have never heard of that brand. hmmmmmm i may have to hit a supermarket next time i am in GA

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I also make mine home made when I buy a rotisserie chicken with the leftovers... Nothing beats home made.

I do agree Lefty and have made Beef, Chicken and Vegetable broths before just gotten lazy but may go back to it as it is also cheaper to make your own at least about the same if not cheaper.

chowhound

Trim, Peep, here's your report; The stock is good.
It has a lot more flavorings in it, spices/veggies usually associated with chicken, then Swansons does. At least the taste comes through more. I made some chicken and biscuits last night and probably could have held off on the poultry seasoning I added because RR's stock is plenty flavorful.... maybe too flavorful. I thought it could have tasted more "chickeny" if anything.
I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying the beef stock out, but I'll have no problem buying her chicken stock again. I've got three boxes of it anyway (lol). Less money for more stock was hard to pass up. I think I'll cook some rice with it soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Trim, Peep, here's your report; The stock is good.
It has a lot more flavorings in it, spices/veggies usually associated with chicken, then Swansons does. At least the taste comes through more. I made some chicken and biscuits last night and probably could have held off on the poultry seasoning I added because RR's stock is plenty flavorful.... maybe too flavorful. I thought it could have tasted more "chickeny" if anything.
I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying the beef stock out, but I'll have no problem buying her chicken stock again. I've got three boxes of it anyway (lol). Less money for more stock was hard to pass up. I think I'll cook some rice with it soon.
thank you chow!! thats my problem also. i want my stock to TASTE like what it is supposed to be (ie chicken or beef) not taste like all the STUFF (ie herbs and spices). I want to add the amount of herbs and spices i WANT. i will give RR a try.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX Chow........... I'll look for it and give it a try..... I go thru a lot of chicken stock !
I tend to use it instead of water when boiling vegetables.

Lefty

Yank
I do agree Lefty and have made Beef, Chicken and Vegetable broths before just gotten lazy but may go back to it as it is also cheaper to make your own at least about the same if not cheaper.
I think its cheaper and much better quality and you control the sodium count.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think its cheaper and much better quality and you control the sodium count.
cheaper IF the fuel costs happen to be down ........... roasting/boiling the bones and veggies uses a bit of fuel.