What are you doing today?

LastManStanding

Looking perfect. The last time I ate home made pasta was at a restaurant named "Slightly Chilled" in Kandy. Owned by a British national its prices are high, so it clearly separates me from others :ROFLMAO: , but I ate from there twice. Their steak was mediocre at best, pork was too salty, but the pasta was delicious, and the tacos were perfect.

LastManStanding

Came back from Colombo.
I bought a second class ticket to the train. Unfortunately that train had broken down and said will be delayed by more than one hour. So I got on a crowded office train's third class, and travelled standing for 2 hours. :D
Enjoying a home made lemon juice with ice cubes. Might drink 3 medium size glasses at least.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I took a walk today down to Oakwood Park, it's just down the street from where I live.
It's gorgeous, leads back to a path in the woods.
Came out and omg the geese were there.
The geese are NOT friendly lol
They think they own the park, so as I'm attempting to stay on the paved path to return home, one of them started flapping and running after me 😳
I still got it in me, because I ran like crazy across the street and once on Northcrest Drive I was safe.
😅

Jusa

I took a walk today down to Oakwood Park, it's just down the street from where I live.
It's gorgeous, leads back to a path in the woods.
Came out and omg the geese were there.
The geese are NOT friendly lol
They think they own the park, so as I'm attempting to stay on the paved path to return home, one of them started flapping and running after me 😳
I still got it in me, because I ran like crazy across the street and once on Northcrest Drive I was safe.
😅
Birds can be SO mean. I remember years ago when I first moved up here after meeting my husband--my husband had a boat (we live close to some lakes). We took the boat out and there were some swans on the lake. I was goofing around and flapped and made noises at one of them, and it came after us, LOL! My DH asked me to please not do that again, LOL.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Birds can be SO mean. I remember years ago when I first moved up here after meeting my husband--my husband had a boat (we live close to some lakes). We took the boat out and there were some swans on the lake. I was goofing around and flapped and made noises at one of them, and it came after us, LOL! My DH asked me to please not do that again, LOL.
Jusa, the park recently has been having coyotes too.
That was posted on our Napoleon city page.
I don't know exactly where they are coming from, but I've seen them before when I lived with my son for a while across from Independence Dam in Defiance. We think one killed a turkey one night while we were sitting outside having a barbecue.
It was either a coyote or a fox.

Jusa

Jusa, the park recently has been having coyotes too.
That was posted on our Napoleon city page.
I don't know exactly where they are coming from, but I've seen them before when I lived with my son for a while across from Independence Dam in Defiance. We think one killed a turkey one night while we were sitting outside having a barbecue.
It was either a coyote or a fox.
We have them here, too, both coyotes and foxes. I see the coyotes dead on the road occasionally. The foxes are either faster or smarter, or both.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
We have them here, too, both coyotes and foxes. I see the coyotes dead on the road occasionally. The foxes are either faster or smarter, or both.
Fox are smart and fast.
I had to come downstairs early one morning after a fox had torn through a screen on my son's front porch, and killed a bunch of ducklings that my son had bought for my Granddaughters.
They kill for the thrill, no other reason.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Getting texts asking me to help, can you PLEASE come in tonight to work?
No ma'am!
I don't know what it is with our nurse management team lately.
They do not understand that prn/per diem means I am not on the schedule, I am not always available at your whim.
I am on two more days this month.
Saturday this coming and next Tuesday.
After that I'm done.
I've always picked up random shifts well in advance so someone will be there. I don't have to do that.
Collette took the shift, thank God.

LastManStanding

Getting texts asking me to help, can you PLEASE come in tonight to work?
No ma'am!
I don't know what it is with our nurse management team lately.
They do not understand that prn/per diem means I am not on the schedule, I am not always available at your whim.
I am on two more days this month.
Saturday this coming and next Tuesday.
After that I'm done.
I've always picked up random shifts well in advance so someone will be there. I don't have to do that.
Collette took the shift, thank God.
In Sri Lanka all medical people except doctors are on an indefinite strike from yesterday asking for some increment. All, including nurses, labs, techs, scan/ecg etc operators, and even dentists. Patients are left with no help.
Wishes and hopes for good health has never been more meaningful to anyone than now.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In Sri Lanka all medical people except doctors are on an indefinite strike from yesterday asking for some increment. All, including nurses, labs, techs, scan/ecg etc operators, and even dentists. Patients are left with no help.
Wishes and hopes for good health has never been more meaningful to anyone than now.

Wow, Indike! Wishes for good health for you and yours!

Lee

LastManStanding

I’m at church waiting for Ash Wednesday service to start. We will go to Toscano’s for dinner later this afternoon- wife’s birthday.
Happy Birthday to Nancy
HB.png

LastManStanding

Got up at 3am to make sandwiches and finished 60 on time, just. Plan was to make 80 or 90 but no time. I had boiled the eggs and mashed them last night. Still there was a lot more work. While boiling eggs yesterday I burned 4 fingers, and that slowed me down a lot I guess.
Also made 4 veggie sandwiches.
Took photos with my sister's phone since I have no phone. I'll post them when she comes back this evening.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Got up at 3am to make sandwiches and finished 60 on time, just. Plan was to make 80 or 90 but no time. I had boiled the eggs and mashed them last night. Still there was a lot more work. While boiling eggs yesterday I burned 4 fingers, and that slowed me down a lot I guess.
Also made 4 veggie sandwiches.
Took photos with my sister's phone since I have no phone. I'll post them when she comes back this evening.

How did you burn your fingers, Indike? Burns seem to hurt forever! I hope the guests appreciate your sandwiches!

Lee

LastManStanding

How did you burn your fingers, Indike? Burns seem to hurt forever! I hope the guests appreciate your sandwiches!

Lee
I boiled eggs on the firewood stove. To boil the water quickly I put a coconut shell. Then I was doing something else, and remembered the eggs, and ran there. Water was boiling and I quickly lifted the pot using two pieces of cloth. The coconut shell was shooting fire like a gas pipe, and burned my hand. I couldn't hold on to the pot, and put it down quickly on the floor. And ran inside the house.
After a while I saw on the frosted window glass, something like a fire, ran out and saw that the stack of coconut husks that was near the stove had caught fire. In my haste to care for the hand I ran away, and a spark had fallen on the stack of coconut husks and caught fire.
Two disasters :ROFLMAO:
Sandwiches were for my sister's day out trip with the office staff. She went on it with the other sister's kid, I didn't ask what happened to the sandwiches, but the boy said he enjoyed the trip a lot. :)
I had made that sandwich in small quantities like 10 etc., twice before, maybe 5 years ago for her, and that "reputation" had led to her being requested to make them for the trip this year. No one thought that making big quantities would be too hard for one person. lol.

LastManStanding

Unfortunately there wasn't much of a chance to take proper photos due to the time running out. So I took a few photos of what was left on the table. Checked them now, and I haven't taken a single photo of a proper sandwich :ROFLMAO: While I was doing the sandwich work the kid was trying to pack them in a box. He had stuffed them in a cardboard box as he could, and they look horrible. At the end he too made some, and put in some bread without filling too. :ROFLMAO: Also made 4 veggie sandwiches, the photo of the dish shows the leftovers of the veggie filling.
Next time I will take twice the time, maybe even more.
I resized the photos. Camera colours are very bland, no idea why.

IMG_20240218_061201_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240218_061509.jpg
IMG_20240218_061452.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I boiled eggs on the firewood stove. To boil the water quickly I put a coconut shell. Then I was doing something else, and rememberedhope the eggs, and ran there. Water was boiling and I quickly lifted the pot using two pieces of cloth. The coconut shell was shooting fire like a gas pipe, and burned my hand. I couldn't hold on to the pot, and put it down quickly on the floor. And ran inside the house.
After a while I saw on the frosted window glass, something like a fire, ran out and saw that the stack of coconut husks that was near the stove had caught fire. In my haste to care for the hand I ran away, and a spark had fallen on the stack of coconut husks and caught fire.
Two disasters :ROFLMAO:
Sandwiches were for my sister's day out trip with the office staff. She went on it with the other sister's kid, I didn't ask what happened to the sandwiches, but the boy said he enjoyed the trip a lot. :)
I had made that sandwich in small quantities like 10 etc., twice before, maybe 5 years ago for her, and that "reputation" had led to her being requested to make them for the trip this year. No one thought that making big quantities would be too hard for one person. lol.

Geez, Indike, you poor guy! How scary! How is your hand doing? I hope you're taking good care of it!

And I hope that every one of those delicious-looking egg salad sandwiches was eaten with appreciation! Thank you for sharing with us!

Lee

LastManStanding

Geez, Indike, you poor guy! How scary! How is your hand doing? I hope you're taking good care of it!

And I hope that every one of those delicious-looking egg salad sandwiches was eaten with appreciation! Thank you for sharing with us!

Lee
Thanks Lee only a few blisters now. I put on some burn cream silver------------------------------------ cream. And put the hand in a thin shopping bag and put it in ice water (which was heavenly).The blisters were caused by still holding a fork and mashing the eggs I believe. I kept dipping the hand in ice water and mashing eggs, because stopping would ruin her trip. They tried helping me but they couldn't do everything as there was other work too.
One thing everyone should do is, keep a burn cream ready in a very visible place, which you can pick with your eyes closed. The most important thing in any household.

Johnny West

The church ladies burned the crap on the bottom of my soup pot and told them I’d clean it today.

This evening I’m driving to #1 son’s and then we are going to the Kraken vs. Canuck’s. Late night…
Nancy started her plant nursery yesterday - seeds to be planted today.

IMG_8369.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The church ladies burned the crap on the bottom of my soup pot and told them I’d clean it today.

This evening I’m driving to #1 son’s and then we are going to the Kraken vs. Canuck’s. Late night…

View attachment 64889

Holy cow, what an operation Nancy has there! Lot of work coming up!

Have fun at the game!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing much today.
I ran some errands and did a short shopping trip.
I'll do the big shop when I go to Toledo next week.

My son Ty is in Memphis, Tennessee on a towing job.
I found this out after I sent him my usual "good morning, I love you" text lol
"Mom, I'm working...in Tennessee"
What?? 😮🤣
He said "check Facebook".

Screenshot_20240222-150737~2.png

LastManStanding

View attachment 64889
Why not video the nursery from preparation and planting, to transplanting and growing. That will be a great video for YouTube, probably make some passive income after a few months. A continuous time lapse video will be ideal but a normal video with pieces from each day is also not a bad idea.

LastManStanding

Never have done a YouTube. I’ll ask her.
It's simple. Just video the work. and upload on youtube. I am not sure the rules for the US, but I think the general rule is 1000 subscribers to be eligible for monetizing. Subs will be there as the video starts getting seen by people.
Youtube algorithms however show some favouration on the equipment. If you can video with a gopro or an iphone, or a dslr, it will be some plus points. I'll message some example videos that you can follow.
She will definitely like doing it when she sees the views and responses.