Rants and Raves thread

Carolina Cooking

Peer pressure. Low self worth. A follower not a leader. Lack of judgement.

Schools here have a dress code its not allowed. On the street or home its up to the parent & we know how that goes.

Lucky for me my kids had none of it nor do my grandsons. In fact they scoff at it too.

Phiddlechik

So, I get to my job this morning, subbing HS PE, no lesson plans. When I finally take attendance and get the kids together (that, btw, are a different set of kiddos than what I have on the attendance), I decide they are going to get out their laptops and google the sport they were starting that day. Work with a partner, learn a bit about it from online sources. Had good feedback for the idea from a principal and another PE teacher.
I got started, telling the kids the plan when another PE teacher comes in, yells at me, telling me that was a dumb idea and the kids wouldn't want to do that. She did this in front of the students. Meanwhile, she has left her class somewhere.
Then she gets out frisbees and some handouts and instructs them to play frisbee golf. And leaves. The game has them dispersed throughout the school, throwing frisbees in the halls, impossible to supervise or monitor.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
The rest of the day went fine, worked with another PE teacher that was much more professional. I learned I can only do one push-up. And bench pressed 45 lbs.
ha!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, I get to my job this morning, subbing HS PE, no lesson plans. When I finally take attendance and get the kids together (that, btw, are a different set of kiddos than what I have on the attendance), I decide they are going to get out their laptops and google the sport they were starting that day. Work with a partner, learn a bit about it from online sources. Had good feedback for the idea from a principal and another PE teacher.
I got started, telling the kids the plan when another PE teacher comes in, yells at me, telling me that was a dumb idea and the kids wouldn't want to do that. She did this in front of the students. Meanwhile, she has left her class somewhere.
Then she gets out frisbees and some handouts and instructs them to play frisbee golf. And leaves. The game has them dispersed throughout the school, throwing frisbees in the halls, impossible to supervise or monitor.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
The rest of the day went fine, worked with another PE teacher that was much more professional. I learned I can only do one push-up. And bench pressed 45 lbs.
ha!

Geez, Phiddle, when I have a bad day at my retail store, I will ponder THIS post!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Do you know someone who is still alive only because you didn't want to go to prison?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
lol thanks. There for awhile I thought my scale was broke :brows:
It was. I bought a cheap-O from Wal Mart & Now I can see some results.

Its right on with my Dr. now. ;)

Wow, that is a LOT of weight in a short amount of time!

Good luck, Carolina!

Lee

Guts

Do you know someone who is still alive only because you didn't want to go to prison?
too funny peeps. Yeah, I'd have to say yes. A while back I was approached by a homeless person wanting money as I came out of the grocery store and then he grabbed me on the shoulder to pull me around as I turned my back on him. I'll never do that again! Always back away from them face-to-face. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say here is I had to think of myself. It isn't worth going to jail over this piece shit homeless person.I found myself in other situations where I've had to use the same philosophy. I have a friend who killed two people in self-defense (with a gun) and he told me, don't ever put yourself in that situation if at all possible. The lawyer fees to defend him or astronomical and he ended up losing his house over it. Even though he was never convicted of a crime. The cost was just not worth it. But on the other hand, he might be the one that's dead. Who knows how that would've played out. They came at him with knives in hand. So yes, I've had to restrain myself throughout my life several times to stay out of jail.

Carolina Cooking

Wow, that is a LOT of weight in a short amount of time!

Good luck, Carolina!

Lee

I tell ya , its a fighting battle too. One , I am on insulin & that packs on the weight. Two, another of my pill meds does the same thing.

If I didn't need them, I would have dropped 50 by now.

thanks..:smile:

Carolina Cooking

LOL

BTW What is that in your avi? Hot dogs?

hahahaha yes. I lost my site for avatars, well didn't lose it, its on my laptop that I hate . I had that stupid one so its better then good ole summer time. even tho it still is summer here. It is not fall here.
I couldn't find any of my good cooking one's either. :ohmy:

so hot dogs it is till then lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
hahahaha yes. I lost my site for avatars, well didn't lose it, its on my laptop that I hate . I had that stupid one so its better then good ole summer time. even tho it still is summer here. It is not fall here.
I couldn't find any of my good cooking one's either. :ohmy:

so hot dogs it is till then lol
Love it!

cookingirl

Or:
Thanksgiving is a non-holiday now!:ohmy:
We go from Labor Day to Halloween!:sad:
Thanksgiving does not exist anymore!!!!
Can't stand it!
I actually had to explain the holiday to a couple of immigrants, but in this country for many years, about the Pilgrims!!!:bonk:
I mean the marketing for halloween is ridiculous! who cares??
Thanksgiving means more to this country...but it is not profitable except to the supermarkets..try to find some Thanksgiving decorations??? non existent!
:soapbox:

Carolina Cooking

Boy isn't that the truth. I don't like Halloween never did , even as a kid. I still put my "the witch in in' sign on my fence lol.

Its still hot as all get out here, Yet I put out my fall stuff. Planted pansy's & decor cabbages. Picked up some mum's. Hope they last through all this heat .lol Its not cool fall here by a long shot.

I saw some thanksgiving & fall stuff at World Bazzar. Kohls & even wal mart .Didn't pay to much attention. Its there if you weed through all the halloween xmas. :yum:

Oh & Michaels Crafts has tons of it.

Leni

That's one of my pet peeves. They could at least wait until November to put up the Christmas decorations. They used to but some how it gets earlier and earlier. I think that one of these days they will start with Christmas right after the 4th of July. :eek::soapbox::furious:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
BUT you CAN'T celebrate XMAS in many schools any more because it offends people!!