Possible new house

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Well, just started having visits from estate agents and looking at all the fees. The estate agent will charge 1.7-2% + the cost of the home information pack (300ish + VAT). The conveying charges including the sales tax are going to be around £12000:shock::shock::cry:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well, just started having visits from estate agents and looking at all the fees. The estate agent will charge 1.7-2% + the cost of the home information pack (300ish + VAT). The conveying charges including the sales tax are going to be around £12000:shock::shock::cry:

Yowser!! I can't remember if we paid sales tax on our house, but if we did it sure wasn't that much!!!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Our offer has finally been accepted. They have taken the house off the market for four weeks, for us to get a sale on our house.

buckytom

Grill Master
excellent!!! good luck finalizing the house, ray.

will you be able to make one of the rooms a "man cave"?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What fantastic news, Ray!!!! Do you anticipate it taking longer than 4 weeks to sell your house? I really don't envy you the process of showing your house and then packing and moving, but the new house makes it worth it, huh? I forgot to ask, how do the kids feel about moving? Is it far from where you live now? Will they have to change schools?

Calicolady

So good to hear good news, Mini. Congratulations and the Best of Luck, selling the old house.
Keep us posted and pics if you can.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful news.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
It's in the next town south of us, about 20/30 minutes drive. The boys are quite excited about it as well. They are going to stay at the same school, so not too much change for them.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The estate agent says she had 18 people look at a house round the corner & there were 5 offers, so she may have a little pent up demand!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That's fantastic, Ray!!! That means your agent has a list of people who didn't get the house around the corner! I hope your house sells instantly so you can get to packing. (Because we're all booking our flights to come and visit you this summer!)

lilylove

That's so cool Mini!! If there are a lot of people looking for houses in your neighborhood ya just might be able to raise the asking price!! :)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
OK, mortgage mostly in today, just need to confirm a couple of things.
I have signed the house onto the market.
I'm know feeling a little scared. We are talking quite big money (for me anyway)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
hoping for a quick offer for you mini!
the only reason we don't sell this dump is because.... it's a dump!
:)
LOL I know the feeling, Suzie. If I did all the stuff to my house to make it saleable, then I wouldn't want to move!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Is it that much of a dump, I have heard "pride" in your voice when you talk about it. The suituation seems to be something I would like. Of course the whole place is graced by a beautiful woman.