My father died last night

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
He had been seriously ill for over a month, complications from congestive heart failure. He'd been in ICU for 2 weeks, with a phenomenal hospital staff who did everything they could for him.

For two and a half years, I've worried about him constantly. He's at peace now.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, you know how precious I thought your Dad was.
I've enjoyed every photo you've shared of him, and telling me things he would say when I commented on them 😊😭
I'm very sorry to hear this.
He's in the most special place now.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Lee,
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how concerned you always were about his care and welfare. Take comfort in knowing you did everything to make his last years happy and comfortable. It was obvious how much he loved you and you him.
Huggs fronmmboth of us.
Kathy & Judy

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear of this!!! May he rest in peace. I was also diagnosed with heart failure & trust me, it is not a pretty thing!! I was hospitalized a few times for it.
I really thought that I was going to die!! I was so deathly afraid to lay down & sleep because every time that I tried to, I'd start choking & have those shortness of breath attacks!! It was not until I was given Amiodarone medicine. I'm still in A-fib, which means that I'll probably have it for the rest of my life!! I'm ok now, as well as expected, but most of the meds I'm taking will probably mean for life. :eek: :bolt:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear of this!!! May he rest in peace. I was also diagnosed with heart failure & trust me, it is not a pretty thing!! I was hospitalized a few times for it.
I really thought that I was going to die!! I was so deathly afraid to lay down & sleep because every time that I tried to, I'd start choking & have those shortness of breath attacks!! It was not until I was given Amiodarone medicine. I'm still in A-fib, which means that I'll probably have it for the rest of my life!! I'm ok now, as well as expected, but most of the meds I'm taking will probably mean for life. :eek: :bolt:
I’m sorry Shermie. I too have had A-fib since my early 30’s due to a heart valve issue. It’s not fun. I’m glad your meds are helping!