How's your Christmas shopping going?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
All done except for a pesky perfect present I am trying to find for our Barb/Homecook.
I'd intended to send the box out today, but as Galvatron knows, nothing goes in the US post until it's PERFECT, 'cause I am anal like that lol

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am about 80% done, did it all online so far and most of it is Wii gifts for the kids. We had to cut back this year to afford the Angel Tree and our own Christmas so the wife and I aren't exchanging gifts (at least, that is the story I told her and little does she know...).
We still want to pick up at least one toy for each kid so it is not all Wii stuff for them.

High Cheese

Saucier
Today I found the perfect gift for my hubby. It's an All Clad, Stainless, Copper Core, 3 qt frying pan with a lid. I saw it but didn't buy it because I wanted to check the prices on-line. It's a deal, and I'm going back tomorrow. He will be delighted :biggrin:. I love TJMaxx!

You'll definately like that pan. I've been looking for their 6qt deep saute pan. Found prices ranging from $125 to $350. All Clad prices are all over the place. I bought a couple 10" fry pan irregulars from cookwarenmore.com at a decent price. One has a teeny tiny nick on the handle and I couldn't find anything wrong with the other one. You'd be hard pressed to find that nick now after the crap I put them through. Marshalls has a few pieces too, that's where I got my little Windsor saucier.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You can't go wrong with All-Clad, Cooksie. I know I'd be thrilled!

You'll definately like that pan. I've been looking for their 6qt deep saute pan. Found prices ranging from $125 to $350. All Clad prices are all over the place. I bought a couple 10" fry pan irregulars from cookwarenmore.com at a decent price. One has a teeny tiny nick on the handle and I couldn't find anything wrong with the other one. You'd be hard pressed to find that nick now after the crap I put them through. Marshalls has a few pieces too, that's where I got my little Windsor saucier.

:bounce::bounce: It's a beauty. May be the only piece (of All Clad) that he'll ever get in his life, but he's gonna do the happy dance on Christmas morning when he sees this :dancing:.

IMG_0631.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm still not done, but close. I have only one gift left to buy for youngest daughter. I'm pretty sure I'll get her a Nintendo DSi - the one with the camera built in.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
:bounce::bounce: It's a beauty. May be the only piece (of All Clad) that he'll ever get in his life, but he's gonna do the happy dance on Christmas morning when he sees this :dancing:.

I have several pieces of All-Clad stainless and can say they are excellent pans. I also have a couple Emerilware stainless made by All-Clad including a 4qt sauté pan similar to what you have here. The main difference is the lid with All-Clad the metal and the others are glass.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Well.... $30 to QSis
thats about it.
Im not buying a damn thing except food as a gift. Money was..... I nearly lost everything at the end of last year so..... Im not spending anything. I bought myself a TV a few weeks ago and I deserved that from a year of pure hell. Plus I also feel that Christmas is 100% for the economy. Its made up BS from Corporations and Govt to suck up your money wrapped in a beautiful disguise called Jesus birthday. Heck, historians say that he was born in the middle of Summer! They are using the good intentions and faith of people in order to profit from it. Its a sham! :glare:
You wanna celebrate Xmas??? Love your neighbor! Treat them well! Dont BUY them something. Make them a freakin' pie and actually have a slice with them. If you dont want to do THAT... then they arent good enough friends to recieve it. Jesus was AGAINST this type of gifting! Give everyone a bunch of stuff. NO! That is NOT what Jesus was about.

Bottom line..... if you like the holiday season.... GREAT. But it has nothing to do with what Jesus would want. Jesus doesnt want you spending money. Jesus wants you to TRULY care. TRULY love. TRULY help.
Not buy Tony Bag-of-Dohnuts a freain' choo-choo train :glare:

Ok.... I shall get off DE Soap Box

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Well.... $30 to QSis
thats about it.
Im not buying a damn thing except food as a gift. Money was..... I nearly lost everything at the end of last year so..... Im not spending anything. I bought myself a TV a few weeks ago and I deserved that from a year of pure hell. Plus I also feel that Christmas is 100% for the economy. Its made up BS from Corporations and Govt to suck up your money wrapped in a beautiful disguise called Jesus birthday. Heck, historians say that he was born in the middle of Summer! They are using the good intentions and faith of people in order to profit from it. Its a sham! :glare:
You wanna celebrate Xmas??? Love your neighbor! Treat them well! Dont BUY them something. Make them a freakin' pie and actually have a slice with them. If you dont want to do THAT... then they arent good enough friends to recieve it. Jesus was AGAINST this type of gifting! Give everyone a bunch of stuff. NO! That is NOT what Jesus was about.

Bottom line..... if you like the holiday season.... GREAT. But it has nothing to do with what Jesus would want. Jesus doesnt want you spending money. Jesus wants you to TRULY care. TRULY love. TRULY help.
Not buy Tony Bag-of-Dohnuts a freain' choo-choo train :glare:

Ok.... I shall get off DE Soap Box
:yum::yum::yum: Tell us how you really feel, Sushi!

I do understand how you feel, though. It's gotten ridiculous with the commercial aspect of Christmas.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Done! Whewwww! Weird thing is the roads were packed! The fast food joints were all packed! The stores were almost empty...
Where in the world were all those people going if not the stores??? I think McDonalds is doing more business than Wal-Mart around here.
We also got a friend a $25 gift certificate to Chili's. He is homeless for the holidays and hiding out in his storage unit. I figured Chili's is just down the road from his unit and at least this way he gets a warm meal or two.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Once again.... too much coffee in my system when i wrote the last message.
Basically I just wish folks appreciated what they HAVE before they are given anything more.

Im very disapointed that this season has turned so much to greed.

I know folks want to give things to people to make them happy. But... well.... you know what I mean I think.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
schnappes, giftcards, a plethora of kitty treats, wii items, chocolate, cashews, we've gotten plenty. tig didn't like 2 of the treats we gave him, he liked the cheap kind.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Me too, Luvs, on the pet treats! I got stocking for both our dogs, but can't hang them up yet. The Beagle just sits under the stocking staring at it, nose sniffing!:yum:

Deelady

I tried to go shopping yesterday to buy my little one a few more things...went to Walmart...BIG mistake! It was a mess and picked over like a yard sale, I found nothing but small stocking stuffers. Maybe it was more because I was completely uncomfortable physically and I was distracted by the crowds and my neice and daughter. Maybe I'll be brave enough to venture to Target today........:glare:

suziquzie

Went to WalMart this morning.... I meant to go at 7 but I didn't until 9. Not too bad.... but they were totally out of legos for my boys, so I crossed the road to Target.
Full shelves, always more pleasant, but by the time I was done there, the people of WalMart were starting to cross the road... :D

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I feel reallllyyy sorry for anyone who still has to go to the grocery store. It was a madhouse today, and I was feeling really bad for the poor, harried checkers. If I've forgotten something, toooo bad, I'll make do!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Had to do a last minute run after work, and definitely didn't want to fight the Wal-Mart crowds, so I went to Target. You pay a little more there, but it wasn't very crowded AND they had 12 registers open!! Twelve! Walmart here usually has 5-7. I was second in line when I went to check out!! :w00t:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I noticed that here to Keltin. Walmart wasn't even that busy but they only had a couple of cashiers on duty and barely any on the floor. They also had very very little in the way of stock, not much selection at all.
I went to Target and they had 8 cashiers and tons of stuff in stock, as a result they were much busier than Walmart. I guess Walmart has so much money they don't need the business! LOL.