Friday's dinner thread - whatcha cooking?

Nancy-MD

I have some leftovers to use up so I might not be cooking anything. We'll see as the day goes on.

How about you?

Before gridlock sets in (405 shuts down), I'm going to try to get to the market for fresh ingredients for:

Fresh Tomato & Fresh basil salad
Linguine with fresh mushroom(s) sauce (either in a cream sauce or garlic butter, parmesan cheese, & fresh parsley)
fresh baguette & butter
dessert - tbd

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yeah....I hear they're calling that carmegeddon. Hopefully you'll be able to get to the store....good luck.

Yeah....I hear they're calling that carmegeddon. Hopefully you'll be able to get to the store....good luck.

Thanks, Mama. The market is not so much a problem, but I have other errands to run, & have a feeling traffic might just be a little slower.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cheeze-stuffed turkeyburger w/ a poached/maybe fried egg egg & black pepper, sliced tomato, & some other veggie. the starch, TBD.
& a roast in the good 'ol crockpot to shredd 4 sammiches tomorrow if i get the thing thawed soon enuff!
i'd frozen whipped cream i'd whisked & was not happy enuff w/that 2 give to the person i was gonna give it to,- found that last nite, so maybe make that my dessert. not tooo much

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mussels with fresh tomatoes and basil...and Dark and Stormy cocktails made with Gossling's rum and Goya Ginger Beer thanks to SilverSage!!:wave:

Improv Cook

Pork steak. I have'nt decided how to cook it yet. I usually wait till the last second to get inspired. I may just put it on the grill. The fresh tomatoes and basil sounds good drizzled with a little olive oil. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Maybe a dish of butter pecan ice cream, my favorite, for desert.

Improv Cook

:weber:
Pork steak. I have'nt decided how to cook it yet. I usually wait till the last second to get inspired. I may just put it on the grill. The fresh tomatoes and basil sounds good drizzled with a little olive oil. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Maybe a dish of butter pecan ice cream, my favorite, for desert.

Nancy-MD

Everybody's got a little something different going on for supper. It all sounds so good!

My DH and I were on the same wavelength today. I had dough rising in the bread machine for a pizza and he came home carrying one in from our favorite pizza place. Yes! My dough went into the freezer for another time.

Embryodad

Today was fix mommy's car day....Thank God..all finished.

She went to the store, and on way back, she picked up KFC popcorn chicken extra crispy for me...and fries..yuuk...too soft and cold insde.
Cole slaw....

Mommy had a mashed potatoes with chicken chunks in it with gravy..the $2.00 kids size.

I just had some lemonade, (country time) and I love the unstired sugar on the bottom that you get at the end while tipping the glass up. yumm! Thirsty now though! Maybe just water and crushed ice insted of sugar stuff.

Mommy made a cream pie yesternight....I'm gonna shower and have a coffee and a piece of that pie.

Just turned the A/C cooling on in the house. It's not that hot...but it is humid and sticky. It was starting to smell like a zoo in here.
i washed off the grease on my arms and hands with kerosene. That DW does not like. One good thing is,.... it keeps the bugs away.

K

Kimchee

Our last meal in this house was the same as the first...
T Bone steak, baked potato and a salad.

Next home cooked meal I make will be in Indiana!

Norm

Son and I had T-bones, potato and salad today too but ours was at a steak house in a small town about half an hour from here. Cassie made a chocolate frosted yellow cake for us a few minutes ago.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Publix had fresh wild sockeye salmon on sale.

I 'oven poached' it in foil and served with a lemon dill mayo and a side salad.

I love this easy way to make it.

Lay the fish on foil. Season with salt & white pepper. Lay fresh dill over the flesh, then top with lemon slices. Wrap the foil tightly on 3 sides and pour a couple tablespoons of white wine in the open end. Wrap tightly and put in a 225F oven for about 15-20 minutes per inch of thickness.

The pics do a better job of explaining than I do.

Attachments

• salmon 001.jpg
    salmon 001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 85
  • salmon 004.jpg
    salmon 004.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 88