Blueberry Ice Cream

Elephant

Soooo

I tried something out. The first one was way too heavy on the cream, the second one was way to runny and as we all know, third time's the charm.
It might not be the tastiest or best looking ice cream but im pretty satisfied with the outcome.

So i skipped of the things i usually use because not everybody has it and not everybody wants to use it/can use it in the way its supposed to be.

And I also tried to maintain the fruits natural flavour and colour and i think i found a fitting solution to do so.
The following is the way i did it.
Of course you can alter it but do not be surprised if the outcome might be different.
Well, here we go.

:)

-------------------------------

What you need:
-300g of frozen blue berries
-75g of brown sugar
-50g of white sugar
-100g of milk
-25g of cream

-a pot obviously
-a whisker
-good mood
-and two hands

------------------------------

1. Put the blue berries and sugar in a pot, mix it, bringt it up to temperature and let it simmer for about half an hour.
(no need to defrost if first, put it frozen in the pot)

2. Let it cool down. If you can put your hand on the pot without burning yourself, youre good to go.

3. Pour the milk and the cream inside, mix everything well and put it in the fridge

4. Cool it for about half a day.

5. Freeze it and stir well every hour or so. (depending on your freezer. if your freezer is very cold about half an hour so)
Remember we want it to be creamy.

6. Enjoy.

--------------------------

Hit me up with your opinion
Kisses <3
1000022067.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I converted the grams in your recipe to cups ,via an internet converter:

Bag of frozen blueberries, about 2 1/2 cups
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/8 cup cream

I followed your instructions, but kept the stuff in the fridge overnight. Put it in the freezer in the morning. And stirred every half hour to an hour.

After 3 hours, the stuff still looked like blueberry syrup that you would put on top of ice cream. I don't know what I'm doing, but it didn't look right.

So, I added a cup of milk and about 3/4 cup of cream. Stirred and stirred. Put it back in the freezer.

Stirred a couple of times, then went out. Came back an hour and a half later to check. Wa-la! Blueberry ice cream!

Delicious!

Thanks for the inspiration, Elephant!

Lee

ice cream.jpeg