What are you eating Sunday 3/17/2024 to Saturday 3/23/2024?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pasta Night ;
Steamed Shrimp in a White Clam Sauce
over Thin Spaghetti with Color (Sweet Peppers)

Pasta & Shrimp 3-20-24.JPG

Johnny West

Andy left for the St. John’s yesterday then on to Cuba. We picked Ann up and went to Metropolitan Market, TJ’s, then on to Marzano’s for dinner. It was a good thing we got there at opening as we didn’t have a reservation and it was packed when we left. I had the new york strip and chef made roasted fingerlings for me that weren’t on menu. I have half the steak left for tomorrow.

IMG_8741.jpeg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Maurice Salad. A memory from the past that I haven't had in ages.
History: There was an iconic department store in Detroit called J.L.Hudson's. Their dining room was actually an excellent restaurant. The Maurice Salad was standard on their lunch menu. Eventually they merged with Dayton, then Marshall Fields, and were all ultimately bought by Macy's. Sadly, the classics were all changed...

Yearrs ago when I was trying to blog, I wrote a blog post about this salad.

20240322_194230.jpg

Johnny West

History: There was an iconic department store in Detroit called J.L.Hudson's. Their dining room was actually an excellent restaurant. The Maurice Salad was standard on their lunch menu. Eventually they merged with Dayton, then Marshall Fields, and were all ultimately bought by Macy's. Sadly, the classics were all changed...

View attachment 65664
Thanks for sharing this and loved reading your blog and the comments.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

View attachment 65664
I may make the 1981 Salad today.
You've inspired me ☺️