What are you eating Monday January 11, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
french toast sticks and a cup of turbo coffee from BK for breakfast.

dinner will be leftover stew and more biscuits or corn bread.

what are you eating?

suziquzie

DH is on another overnight trip tonight to NOWHERE North Dakota.....
Kids want potato pancakes. They may just get them. :)

homecook

That sounds good Suzi! Must make them soon.

Hopefully my son is getting off work early.........he's taking me out for my birthday. lol

AllenOK

Sass, a porterhouse????

Are you going over to the Dark Side? :)

Personally, we're probably having beans and rice tonight. I might attempt some cornbread in the countertop turkey roaster. Not sure about that, though.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well with my wife getting the first dose of her glow in the dark medication today and the second tomorrow I will assume it will be left over brisket of beef in one form or other. I have the next 10 days of no close contact with her due to the iodine isotope she is taking to destroy her thyroid once and for all time. Once they give her the OK it will be back to a regular schedule for both of us. She can't even sleep in our bed but has to sleep in the front bedroom.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well with my wife getting the first dose of her glow in the dark medication today and the second tomorrow I will assume it will be left over brisket of beef in one form or other. I have the next 10 days of no close contact with her due to the iodine isotope she is taking to destroy her thyroid once and for all time. Once they give her the OK it will be back to a regular schedule for both of us. She can't even sleep in our bed but has to sleep in the front bedroom.
big {{HUGS}} to your DW!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Cottage pie is like shepherds pie - meat mix tooped with mashed potato. Traditionally shepherd's pie is made with lamb & cottage pie with beef.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cottage pie is like shepherds pie - meat mix tooped with mashed potato. Traditionally shepherd's pie is made with lamb & cottage pie with beef.
ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love cottage pie. i used to top with the mashed taters then cheese but it was difficult to reheat leftovers due to the mashed being so dense and the beef and veggies were over cooked by the time the taters were warm. so now i make the beef, gravy and veggies seperate and added the cheese to the mashed. serve beef/veggies on top of or next to the cheesy taters. that way i can reheat each with out over heating either.

K

Kimchee

Well then, I am having Cottage Pie!
(But the Coleman's seasoning package calls it Shepherds Pie...
as long as "mince" in English means "hamburger" in American LOL)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Mince is English for hamburger or ground meat. As I said that is the traditional definition - most now call anything like that shepherds pie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well then, I am having Cottage Pie!
(But the Coleman's seasoning package calls it Shepherds Pie...
as long as "mince" in English means "hamburger" in American LOL)

Mince is English for hamburger or ground meat. As I said that is the traditional definition - most now call anything like that shepherds pie.
yup in the usa the beef version is called shepherds pie. i thin i got the original recipe from a dry gravy package many years ago. i now use homemade burgundy gravy and have changed a few other things.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Baked chicken with wine & cream sauce, baby potatoes, carrots & peas.
PICT0217.JPG

Deelady

"yup in the usa the beef version is called shepherds pie. i thin i got the original recipe from a dry gravy package many years ago. i now use homemade burgundy gravy and have changed a few other things. "

We make it with a splash of Guiness added to the gravy.....great flavor :D

Deelady

Just put a pot of beef barley stoup on to simmer.....had a long morning/afternoon of running errands in the snow, I needed something warm, comforting and filling tonight!! :)