Wood…

Johnny West

I burned a lot of wood last night... Stuff that was laying on the ground and knew it would make a nice camp/grill fire. I have a lot to clean up with this man cutting wood. I’m in my element. This is just a little bit of the stuff I picked up. I kept adding to it.

B25AA975-CC6E-444C-84FF-03C92D2C1C4A.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heyyyyy! We're not allowed to have firepits in my townhouse complex, but I doubt I'd get in trouble for burning wood in my Weber kettle!

Lee

Johnny West

Heyyyyy! We're not allowed to have firepits in my townhouse complex, but I doubt I'd get in trouble for burning wood in my Weber kettle!

Lee
Our gas line runs in that area is why I don’t have a fire pit. No sense tempting fate.

Peter is upset we are cutting down the cherry tree.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Our gas line runs in that area is why I don’t have a fire pit. No sense tempting fate.

Peter is upset we are cutting down the cherry tree.

Did you ever get cherries, or did the birds get them all?

Smoke some bacon with that cherry wood!

Bacon, Cherry-smoked.JPG

Lee

Johnny West

Did you ever get cherries, or did the birds get them all?

Smoke some bacon with that cherry wood!

View attachment 50053

Lee
No, this is a decorative cherry tree similar to the ones from Japan. We used to have a pie cherry tree but it went when the hot tub was installed. It never produced enough for a pie. We had one good year for plums And that is with four trees.

I intend to do some bacon and pork butts soon.

Johnny West

The pear tree. I’m thinking some of those pieces will be to big to go in the grill and will end up fire wood or for pit cooking. I dunno?

BCDA3A17-E638-4453-B97D-0D06F5B2C48B.jpeg

Johnny West

That is some good smoking wood, I'll bet!

Lee
It will be excellent. I was just out and split 5 pieces down into multiple pieces that should dry nicely but since it is a twisty wood will be a pain to stack. The branch pieces will stack okay but will take a year or so to dry which will be alright as wet wood makes a better smoke. I’m in no rush. Plum wood split easily as it is a very straight grain.

I have a pork shoulder in the freezer needs eating next week and will give it a cherry smoke.