Who Still Does Old-fashion Cooking?!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Do any of you still do Olad-fashion cooking? It is when you are still using some of the gadgets pictured below with little or no new modern conveniences. Now new appliances or anything, like mixers, blenders, air friers or the like. Sort of like the olden days of cooking, where you do everything by hand. That must really be time-consuming!! :unsure:
Old Fashioned Cooking..jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Those may be old, but they're not old-fashioned. With the exception of the ice pick and ice tongs, I have every one of them in my kitchen. Mine are just newer, shinier, and more colorful.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Those may be old, but they're not old-fashioned. With the exception of the ice pick and ice tongs, I have every one of them in my kitchen. Mine are just newer, shinier, and more colorful.

Sure, they can still be used. Just like the modern kitchen gadgets do today!! :whistling:

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just the other night my wife used the hand potato masher rather than get out the mixer. Worked great for small amount of mashed taters just for the two of us.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
At least 6 of those ARE new-fangled gadgets. The cheese slicer, pastry blender, egg slicer, garlic press, strawberry huller, and pastry wheel were all new-fashioned upgrades to a knife. If you really want to do things the old way, just use a knife.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just the other night my wife used the hand potato masher rather than get out the mixer. Worked great for small amount of mashed taters just for the two of us.
When doing a recipe that requires mashed taters, I just get out one of the mashers, either the metal one or the plastic one. Most of the time, it's the plastic one because when making Shephard's Pie, I mash the potatoes right inside the extra cooking pot that is with
Ninja Foodi cooking pot..jpg
the Ninja Foodi after boiling the potatoes in it. This is so that the non-stick coating doesn't get scratched up from using the metal masher. :whistling:

Reactions: Doc

Ironman

🍺
I collect old kitchen tools but rarely use them. I still peel potatoes with a big knife. It’s how I learned and that works for me. My kids girlfriend thought she’d be cute one day and say “omg why don’t you just use a carrot peeler for the potato’s”. I says “omg why don’t you get the fack outta my kitchen”

Johnny West

I collect old kitchen tools but rarely use them. I still peel potatoes with a big knife. It’s how I learned and that works for me. My kids girlfriend thought she’d be cute one day and say “omg why don’t you just use a carrot peeler for the potato’s”. I says “omg why don’t you get the fack outta my kitchen”
I use a potato/carrot peeler, wife uses a knife.