What's On The Plates Sunday July 11- Saturday 17

Embryodad

Leftovers for today. Maybe onion soup. It could change though when Tina comes back from the beauty parlor.
She went to get her hair cut. To boot all heck, she forgot her cell phone. A G A I N......
She will be in a panic; I'm sure. Today, not having your cell phone, is like being finished with a visit to the
restroom, and not having any tissue on the roller.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beef Stroganoff over buttered pappardelle and steamed carrots.

stroganoff_071721_IMG_8271.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was pizza night. I was more adventurous and added sweet onions, kalamata olives, anchovies, and pepperoni to mine. The crust is Bob's Red Mill gluten free crust, sauce was sugar free, and cheese non dairy. We got the sugar free, nitrate free, pepperoni from Amazon out of New Hampshire. On a whole it wasn't a bad pizza. For some reason my computer will not let me bring up pictures to post.
Both my DD and I love Anchovies. We are part of the 1 out of a hundred who do.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We got lunch at 1 yesterday at a wings and burgers little joint, burgers, onion rings and fries. Not really hungry for dinner, so Craig snacked on some Chex mix and we both had a good sized piece of real key lime pie.

We'll have what was supposed to be dinner last night today, Sunday.

Embryodad

We got lunch at 1 yesterday at a wings and burgers little joint, burgers, onion rings and fries. Not really hungry for dinner, so Craig snacked on some Chex mix and we both had a good sized piece of real key lime pie.

We'll have what was supposed to be dinner last night to

The best key lime pie we ever had was ~ around 1985, with the kids. We ate in a place called ? the living coral reef, or something like that, in Orlando Florida around Disney. We had other pies later in years, but they used canned sweet cream to thicken the lime filling. Tina said she wants to make the filling; using corn starch to thicken it.
I never had key lime pie other than at that time we were in Orlando. I wouldn't know which was the Real Key Lime Pie....
(( Will the Real Key Lime Pie.....please stand up )) What's my line show with John Daley.....hahahahaha

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
The best key lime pie we ever had was ~ around 1985, with the kids. We ate in a place called ? the living coral reef, or something like that, in Orlando Florida around Disney. We had other pies later in years, but they used canned sweet cream to thicken the lime filling. Tina said she wants to make the filling; using corn starch to thicken it.
I never had key lime pie other than at that time we were in Orlando. I wouldn't know which was the Real Key Lime Pie....
(( Will the Real Key Lime Pie.....please stand up )) What's my line show with John Daley.....hahahahaha

Real key lime pie in whatever form is made with key lime juice as opposed to Persian lime juice. This was a baked pie. I do make a Key lime cheese pie that uses cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and zest, but the decision to get the pie was made on the fly, besides the fact that the cheese pie takes several hours to make with time for cheese softening, then mixing, then refrigeration time for it to set up. Craig likes the cheese pie the best, but he wanted dessert last night.

There is a restaurant called The Coral Reef in The Seas Pavillion in EPCOT, one of the Disney parks. We've eaten in it many times in the past. It has tiered theater type seating so everyone can see the fish in the floor to ceiling window into the aquarium that takes up an entire wall of the restaurant.

Last edited:

Johnny West

When Matt was the executive chef of the Home Port in Menemsha he made all his pies from scratch. His key lime pie was popular and the recipe came off the back of the key lime juice bottle.

Embryodad

Real key lime pie in whatever form is made with key lime juice as opposed to Persian lime juice. This was a baked pie. I do make a Key lime cheese pie that uses cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and zest, but the decision to get the pie was made on the fly, besides the fact that the cheese pie takes several hours to make with time for cheese softening, then mixing, then refrigeration time for it to set up. Craig likes the cheese pie the best, but he wanted dessert last night.

There is a restaurant called The Coral Reef in The Seas Pavillion in EPCOT, one of the Disney parks. We've eaten in it many times in the past. It has tiered theater type seating so everyone can see the fish in the floor to ceiling window into the aquarium that takes up an entire wall of the restaurant.
Thanks for the info. :)