What's On The Plates, Mates Sunday August 8- Saturday 14

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was an entirely storebought dinner and was wonderful!

Stuffed clams with melted butter to start, then Captain Parker's Pub clam chowder (best on Cape Cod) to which I added a can of chopped clams for good measure, and a Caesar salad (which was a kit). Love it all!

Lee

Stuffed clam.JPG

Clam chowder and salad.JPG

Embryodad

This would have turned out better I think had I used a thicker type of fish.
I left some of the Ritz crumbs larger.
Surprised it didn't fall apart while transferring out of the baking dish.
All in all, good.

View attachment 44008
Looks good to me Sass....
I used to love Ritz Crackers, but now, I'm sure they changed the recipe. I loved spreading Peanut Butter, or use them to
eat cream cheese spreads, but now, that's all I do, is butter my hand. They are so soft and powdery. They break / crumble under the slightest press of the butter knife.
Tina laughs when I tell her I'm eating crackers instead of bread because It is less calories. hahahahahaha
Then she comes back at me saying "Yeah, maybe, but not the WHOLE SLEEVE of crackers!"

lilbopeep

๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had sesame noodles for dinner and I have a half size Wendy's Pecan apple salad in the fridge for later. When picking up the Wendy's order, DD and I were treated to this beautiful sight. A light misty rain started as we drove away.

rainbow_080821_1_IMG_8403.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I didn't take any pics, but last night we had company. Hank is 89 and th8is is his first outing since covid started last Spring.
I braised some boneless short ribs in tomatoes and red wine. The usual carrots, celery, onions and seasonings were included. then I 'pulled' the meat into chunks, used the boat motor on the liquid just a bit to thicken it into a sauce (but left it somewhat chunky), then put the meat back into the sauce. This is a recipe I learned for Roe when I was at Red Gravy helping during Mardi Gras a few years ago. Served the ragu over polenta, with salad and broccolini on the side. The broccolini was sauteed with thinly sliced garlic, then steamed till done, squeezed on lemon and sprinkled crushed red peppers.