What's on the menu Sunday, 9/5/2021 to Saturday, 9/11/2021?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Shrimp-Fries-& Rice. And a Coke.

shrimp.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We went out to a place last night that I've been wanting to try for years but we never made it because we tend to decide to go out last minute and this place was always totally booked pre Covid. I did make reservations a week ago to get the time we wanted but discovered didn't really need to do that as, like most places now, business isn't fully back to pre Covid levels. There's a program running now called Dine Out Fort Lauderdale that quite a few restaurants participate in and The Cook and The Cork has a prix fixe 3 course meal for $45. We chose to get that.

Sorry about the pictures. I tried to fix the color but phone editing is limited. The restaurant had very minimal white lighting and lots of red so color skewed way red.

First courses

Shrimp tempura with sweet Chile glaze, honey Wasabi and Asian slaw.

Pork belly bao buns with pickled cabbage.

Second courses

Duck confit over cheddar grits and an edemame, black eyed pea, corn, red bell medley.

KFC or Korean Fried Chicken with Wasabi potato mash, Asian slaw and cucumber kimchee. The sauce is gojuchang based.

We both ordered Ghirardelli trifle that on the menu was supposed to be mixed with a butterscotch mousse but it came with just regular whipped cream. Was a bit disappointed over that but the rest of the food was fantastic and we were so full probably wouldn't have ordered dessert if we were ordering from regular menu anyway.

They have a huge small plate menu for such a small restaurant and I think we'll try that next time. A table across from us was doing that and everything was cleaned off the plates when the staff removed them, even the octopus plates they ordered. The short rib entree a young man ordered at another table looked delicious and he practically inhaled the short ribs so they must have been good.

Attachments

• 1631372370852.gif
    1631372370852.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 48

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, the new Mexican place didn't work out - Who in the world closes on a Saturday ??
..so I limped around the corner to another relatively new place that was recommended by one of my Eye-Poke Nurses.......Went for the Octopus dish that the Nurse was raving about.......... My luck wasn't running today... They didn't have Octopus today ........... When I got a look at their menu, I ordered an Appy for two and got the Heck out of there..........
Paper Menu .... you'd think at these prices, they could have something a bit more upscale to hand you ............
IMG_6624.JPG

The Seafood Tower for two .........Don't ask ; I'm embarrassed to admit I paid as much as I did.........

Jules' Place Seafood tower.JPG

Bottom Tier - Oysters on the Half-Shell

Jules' Place Seafood tower -Oysters.JPG

Second Tier- Shrimp & Crab Cocktail

Jules' Place Seafood tower- Shrimp & Crab Cocktail.JPG

Third Tier- Smoked Trout Pate'

Jules' Place Seafood tower -Smoked Trout Pate'.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
LT, I can make a good guess on the price. A few places over toward the Beach have them and they start at $150 and go up from there depending on what you get and for how many.

Regarding paper menus, a lot of places here have gone to them and/or bar code scan menus because of Covid. We ended up walking out of 1 place because they ONLY had a bar code/scan menu and I had forgotten my phone that day. Craig's phone is really old and I never put a scanner on his because he's a bit of a luddite and would have never used it anyway or even thought to use it. I got really ticked off that they couldn't provide a paper menu since we had driven out of our way to go there. Their loss since there was only 1 other couple in there for brunch at like 10.30 to 11ish. Also vented my ire via Google and yelp reviews. Couldn't believe a restaurant didn't provide at least paper menus.