What's on the menu Sunday, 8/15/2021 to Saturday, 8/21/2021?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Quickie Ham & Cabbage , Baked Smashed Sweet Potato, Corn soon to be Off the Cob.....

Ham & Cabbage 8-19-21.JPG

Embryodad

There is a package of ground Pork thawing in the refrigerator. Tina said she will do something with it....???
I hate to suggest anything; because I will get stuck cooking, and I don't feel like cooking today!
Isn't that terrible??

Ironman

🍺
Went out for dinner at a supper club in Door county last night.

Homemade Meatloaf
(A hearty slice of homemade meatloaf with mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans or corn - served with salad or soup a d dinner rolls)

Rock Falls Pasta
Bow tie pasta in a creamy jalapeño sauce with shrimp, chicken, bacon, andouille sausage, red onions, and mushrooms- served with salad or soup and dinner rolls

86F6592E-05FD-47D2-BC0F-D3C6BCB169DC.jpeg
DFEC248D-D4F8-455F-B1B1-76C4278C5305.jpeg
4D24D04C-B79C-4010-90F8-C6724DB4CE2D.jpeg

Embryodad

I had 2 hot dogs with yellow mustard, and onions. Tony Packo's sweet hot pickles and peppers on the side.
Tina had a griddled cheese and tomato. She didn't like it because she used yellow cheese. ( That's all that we had ).
Huh! .... what a fuss @$$.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I had the shrimp curry, not sure what spinach thing is called but it’s good.

View attachment 44286

The spinach thing was probably something similar to saag aloo. I made it for an Indian dinner a while back and we loved it. I did use 2 or 3 bags of fresh spinach though instead of frozen and brown mustard seeds instead of black since we had the brown in the pantry already.

I cooked the spinach in a skillet with just enough water to cover the bottom to create steam to get it cooking. The less water you add, the less you have to squeeze.

Johnny West

The spinach thing was probably something similar to saag aloo. I made it for an Indian dinner a while back and we loved it. I did use 2 or 3 bags of fresh spinach though instead of frozen and brown mustard seeds instead of black since we had the brown in the pantry already.

I cooked the spinach in a skillet with just enough water to cover the bottom to create steam to get it cooking. The less water you add, the less you have to squeeze.
I believe you are correct. This had potato in it, as well.