What's on the menu Sunday, 6/27/2021 to Saturday, 7/3/2021?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I had the lunch platter chimichanga at Azul Tequila.
Probably won't have much to eat the rest of the day.
20210702_114018.jpg

Also went grocery shopping and found Chili-o to use later in the week to make the chili recipe.

20210702_121622.jpg
20210702_133239.jpg

Embryodad

I like crab - looks great!

Lee
Lee.... I'll never forget the first time We ate crabs. My brother brought them up from Maryland in big coolers.
He set 6 rolls of paper towels on the table. The tables were covered with newspapers, and all 14 of us had a little wooden hammer.
At the end of each table, he placed two garbage cans with liner bags. I asked, "why all this Rich?" He said you'll see Jim!"
Well.....he was right; what a mess. He gave us a demonstration of how to crack them open them, and eat them.
He ate the "dead mans'; we did N O T !" And would you believe, My wife didn't like the crab cakes he made, because there was too much crab meat in them. I fell off my chair when I heard that.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Y'all may remember seeing this concoction about once a month, back in the day ... I called it , "Pan Dancing" ....
It was the Wardens dish, usually used to "clean out the fridge".......... I've not made it since we lost her, until tonight ....going forward , I'll be referring to this as ...........

Diane's Goulash ........
Burger, Onions, Sweet Peppers, Tomatoes & Macaroni.........

Goulash, Diane's.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Y'all may remember seeing this concoction about once a month, back in the day ... I called it , "Pan Dancing" ....
It was the Wardens dish, usually used to "clean out the fridge".......... I've not made it since we lost her, until tonight ....going forward , I'll be referring to this as ...........

Diane's Goulash ........
Burger, Onions, Sweet Peppers, Tomatoes & Macaroni.........

View attachment 43266

LOVE this!!!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny mentioned Mama Leone's - brought back fond memories of when I lived on west 80th in the sixties - We would eat at Mama's on 48th street at least once a month ! Being a Country boy, I was amazed that going from table to table asking diners if they wanted "more Parmesan" was an occupation, lol ! There is where I learned that there was much more to "Italian" cooking than Spaghetti , lol !
Unfortunately , we never got to meet "Mama" - she sold the place to a consortium around 1960..........

Johnny West

Love everything on the plate! Did you fry the falafel? Was it spicy?

Lee
No, it was not spicy. it was a Trader Joe’s box mix and she baked them. They were a little dry on the outside, tender on the inside, and tasted good. The crab cakes were excellent.