What's on the menu Sunday, 3/14/2021 to Saturday, 3/20/2021?

Embryodad

Shrimp peel and eat, with crackers. Pepperoni slices in between; just for the heck of it. I love pepperoni.
Tina buys the big bag of of Hormel's pre-sliced.
Truth is, I am still hungry. I guess ill finish off that sleeve of crackers with peanut butter for dessert.

Johnny West

We did a drive to Trader Jose’s and got more than a few frozen dinner products for future meals.

Tonight it was TJ’s breaded cod wit over done French fries and an iceberg lettuce salad. I opted to have two fifferent dressings on mine.
CBFA86F2-34BA-424F-B4C0-BFC59B9EF870.jpeg
7B3AF434-78DE-433F-AA1B-DA0DA0E66969.jpeg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We ended up getting KFC for dinner. Had a SNAFU of a day.

Just FYI, don't order food thru KFCs online platform. I did and our order was almost $19. The order didn't go thru even though it said it did, so we ended up ordering at the drive thru. Same order was just over $14 so somebody is making a few extra bucks off their online/mobile ordering platform.

Did a little more research, apparently it is run thru grubhub and even though they have nothing to do with your order if you pick it up, you are still paying delivery prices. Bad, bad marketing decision on part of KFC. They should have sucked it up and paid for their own platform. We'll probably never go back there again after that experience. An almost $5 difference between actual drive thru/store menu prices and online ordering when you are picking up is outrageous.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's part of the reason I've never bothered with door dash or any of that crap.
If I want something bad enough I'll drive the short distance to get it.
The gals in the front office at work use it frequently, then have complained about the orders.

Tonight I'm making my favourite chicken apple sausages.
Not sure what's going on the side.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
That's part of the reason I've never bothered with door dash or any of that crap.
If I want something bad enough I'll drive the short distance to get it.
The gals in the front office at work use it frequently, then have complained about the orders.

Tonight I'm making my favourite chicken apple sausages.
Not sure what's going on the side.

If we are to the point that we don't want to cook or even go to pick something up, we've used the big delivery companies on occasion and have grudgingly paid the inflated prices, plus tip for the driver. But, those instances have been few and far between. The last time was probably the last time we'll every do that though. What we got bore little resemblance to what was ordered. BBQ meats were right, not so much all but 1 of the side choices. There are a couple of places that still do their own deliveries but really aren't go to choices, but will probably be if we are to that point again just to avoid the "big guys."

Now I'm questioning the other food apps I use and will be checking them next time we go.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We did a drive to Trader Jose’s and got more than a few frozen dinner products for future meals.

Tonight it was TJ’s breaded cod wit over done French fries and an iceberg lettuce salad. I opted to have two fifferent dressings on mine. View attachment 41461View attachment 41462

John, how was the cod? I am planning a trip to TJ's on Monday for cheeses, nuts and flowers which I get a lot from there. Have never bought any frozen foods, but I've heard that many of them are great.

Was that blue cheese on the left half of your salad? Was that a Trader Joe's dressing???

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, I love turnip! Did you toss with olive oil and roast in the oven? Yellow turnip (rutabaga)?

Lee

Johnny West

John, how was the cod? I am planning a trip to TJ's on Monday for cheeses, nuts and flowers which I get a lot from there. Have never bought any frozen foods, but I've heard that many of them are great.

Was that blue cheese on the left half of your salad? Was that a Trader Joe's dressing???

Lee
Half the salad was Kraft blue cheese dressing with blue cheese crumbles and the other half was home made 1000 Island dressing.

The cod is not bad but certainly isn’t restaurant quality.