What's on the menu Sunday, 10/24/2021 to Saturday, 10/30/2021?

Ironman

🍺
We traveled to one of the original Schlitz taverns in Milwaukee, now known for their burgers and bloody Mary’s. Soblemans. We had the Cali burger and skipped the bloodies. Bacon wrapped cheese bites for an appy. Very friendly folks.

09650C58-8237-4BE0-A036-643566777F20.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We traveled to one of the original Schlitz taverns in Milwaukee, now known for their burgers and bloody Mary’s. Soblemans. We had the Cali burger and skipped the bloodies. Bacon wrapped cheese bites for an appy. Very friendly folks.

View attachment 45682

Mark, what was in the Cali burger? How was it?

How were the Jersey Mike subs? They've just started advertising around here, but I haven't looked to see where they are.

Lee

Ironman

🍺
Mark, what was in the Cali burger? How was it?

How were the Jersey Mike subs? They've just started advertising around here, but I haven't looked to see where they are.

Lee
Lee, the burger was pretty good, not mind blowing or anything like that. Just a dam good juicy burger. The tavern itself is worth going. It’s on the edge of the industrial side of town and I can only image what it was like back in the day as an original Schlitz tavern. There is meat in the Cali burger

THE CALI
$9.75
Raw onions, tomato, lettuce, American cheese, and thousand island dressing

Jersey Mikes was really good and I was really hungry, so…. I had turkey and provolone. I’m sticking to JImmy John’s :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, the burger was pretty good, not mind blowing or anything like that. Just a dam good juicy burger. The tavern itself is worth going. It’s on the edge of the industrial side of town and I can only image what it was like back in the day as an original Schlitz tavern. There is meat in the Cali burger

THE CALI
$9.75
Raw onions, tomato, lettuce, American cheese, and thousand island dressing

Jersey Mikes was really good and I was really hungry, so…. I had turkey and provolone. I’m sticking to JImmy John’s :thumb:

LOL, so the "Cali" was the Thousand Island Dressing?

Thanks for the reports, Mark!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
This was as easy as 1..2..3..
I'd seen recipes for bacon spaghetti on the net, some use spinach to make it Florentine, others use egg mixed into the pasta, or asparagus tips.
I chose to keep it simple.
I used Jamestown Brand bacon, because it's fairly cheap and the package said great for recipes as the pieces are irregular.
Definitely a keeper.
If I'd used rice instead of pasta, it would have been similar to my Mom's bacon fried rice.
Love it.

20211028_155451.jpg
20211028_153715.jpg
20211028_155505.jpg
20211028_160028.jpg