What's On Our Plates Sunday 18 April - Saturday 24

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was my home-smoked pastrami (pulled a vacuum-sealed package from the freezer), half sour pickles, and tried veggie fries for the first time. We loved 'em!

Lee

IMG_7072.JPG

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_7071.JPG

IMG_7074.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
That looks delicious, Lee.
Yes, those varieties of veggie stuff from Green Giant is all very good.
I haven't tried the fries with bacon yet.

I'm making gouda stuffed pork chops and steamed broccoli with parmesan.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Note to self: when making stuffed chops with cheese, pound out, then add cheese, then roll. ?
I sliced them down the middle, added the gouda- and in the process of baking most of the cheese oozed out.
Lesson learned on this one lol
I think I'll stick to stuffing stuffed chops from now on.
20210418_160512.jpg
20210418_160607.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sass, if they are thick, you can make a small incision, 1/2 to 1 inch, in the middle depth wise, then take your knife and move it around inside the chop to make a pocket on the inside. You can also use a finger to make it a bit bigger, carefully stuff, without making the outside incision any bigger, then use a toothpick to close the incision up.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Stew meat and mushrooms are in the IP. Making baby red and yellow mashed and steamed carrots on the side. The pot jus will be the gravy. I didn’t feel like making a traditional stew. My kitchen my way.

BTW my arm is still a bit sore and I have a headache but that’s probably allergy sinus headache.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mexican/Tex-Mex dishes. Chorizo pick-ups, chorizo cooked, drained, then Munster cheese placed over and broiled. Picked up with tortillas or tortilla chips. Guacamole. Taquitos or flautas using flour tortillas and seasoned ground beef mix. I can never remember which is which, I.e. corn versus flour tortillas. Craig made a cooked green salsa with tomatillos, poblano pepper, onion, garlic, etc.
2021-04-19 18.00.24.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mexican/Tex-Mex dishes. Chorizo pick-ups, chorizo cooked, drained, then Munster cheese placed over and broiled. Picked up with tortillas or tortilla chips. Guacamole. Taquitos or flautas using flour tortillas and seasoned ground beef mix. I can never remember which is which, I.e. corn versus flour tortillas. Craig made a cooked green salsa with tomatillos, poblano pepper, onion, garlic, etc.View attachment 42003

I want that glob of chorizo and cheese on the right!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure about dinner tonight.
What I do know, it's not going to be anything take out or unpredictably bad, frozen "food"...?