What's for dinner? Ribs!

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Might as well jump in head first! This is what I cooked for dinner. I'm in to smoking meats and I have several smokers. I did ribs with a side of jalapeno cole slaw and red beans and rice. :readytoeat:

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_5365b.jpg

BUT my favorite is the dessert. :wub:

IMG_5336-1.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that looks delicious! u should post those in the dinner 'sticky' thread in the cooking stories forum for all to see~

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry, I just found out I wasn't supposed to post a thread until after 30 posts. SORRY! It won't happen again.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I'm so sorry, I just found out I wasn't supposed to post a thread until after 30 posts. SORRY! It won't happen again.

i'm not sure. i jus' think the more that see that food, the better! :weber:
many view the dinner thread~

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Might as well jump in head first! This is what I cooked for dinner. I'm in to smoking meats and I have several smokers. I did ribs with a side of jalapeno cole slaw and red beans and rice. :readytoeat:

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_5365b.jpg

BUT my favorite is the dessert. :wub:

IMG_5336-1.jpg

OMGosh! That meat looks wonderful! The color and texture looks great! :) Beautiful!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks fantastic, Squirrel!

Personally, I like to start a new thread when I have a dish with a recipe and photo that I'd like to highlight. As great as the dinner threads are (many members check those threads daily), I find it difficult to search for specific items in them.

So, either way has it's merits.

The jalapeno cole slaw looks interesting! Maybe post that recipe in the Salads forum?

Great job!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Y'know Squirrel. Just keep posting those great meals any way. An alternative would be to post the meal and make s
an entry on the dinner thread with a link to your thread.

I am not aware of any policy that says you cannot start a new thread any time you like. There is a restriction on posting pictures till you have a few posts. You are beyond that test.

Keep em coming.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Yay! Thanks! I guess being a food-a-holic and a photographer means I'm going to take pictures of everything I cook. :D How do you guys feel about progressive threads? At another site where I'm a member some of us do them. I like to show from start to finish a method. For example, I'm working on Momofuku style pork belly buns. The first step is to prep the belly and season it. It will marinate over night. That is step one. Do you see where I'm going with this?

In my opinion it gives everyone time to soak up each stage and not seem so overwhelming.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yay! Thanks! I guess being a food-a-holic and a photographer means I'm going to take pictures of everything I cook. :D How do you guys feel about progressive threads? At another site where I'm a member some of us do them. I like to show from start to finish a method. For example, I'm working on Momofuku style pork belly buns. The first step is to prep the belly and season it. It will marinate over night. That is step one. Do you see where I'm going with this?

In my opinion it gives everyone time to soak up each stage and not seem so overwhelming.

Squirrel, it sounds as if you are describing what we call a Tutorial, although Tutorial steps (photos and descriptions) are usually posted all at once.

If you would like to post the steps at different times in the same thread, SURE!

Looking forward to seeing those buns!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sounds good to me squirrel.

I posted several tutorials but mine are usually a one shot deal. They aren't complicated. I don't do smoking and sausage making. :sad: