What's cooking Sunday Oct. 10 to Saturday Oct./16/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I’ve been dieting for the last 3 months, so food was boring. Lost 21 pounds and made a decent dinner last night.
Filet mignon cooked to a perfect medium rare, topped with a red wine Demi glacé and wild mushroom smoked salt flakes. Puréed carrots. Hearts of palm with a mustard vinaigrette.
3B2BA525-F665-425A-AAB7-CCDA0A2258F6.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Hearts of palm with a mustard vinaigrette.
Those look really good to me. I've had them cut up and cold in a salad but never just on their own with a sauce. Were they warm or cold? Would you mind telling us how you made the mustard vinaigrette?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I’ve been dieting for the last 3 months, so food was boring. Lost 21 pounds and made a decent dinner last night.
Filet mignon cooked to a perfect medium rare, topped with a red wine Demi glacé and wild mushroom smoked salt flakes. Puréed carrots. Hearts of palm with a mustard vinaigrette.
View attachment 45386

Geez! 21 pounds in 3 months? You and Sass have great metabolisms! Took me almost a year to lose that much!

Good job, Kathy!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Geez! 21 pounds in 3 months? You and Sass have great metabolisms! Took me almost a year to lose that much!

Good job, Kathy!

Lee
I just stuck to it rigidly. I’m Nooming. In 3 months I only went over 1 time, plus I went to the gym every single day.

Right now I just need a break from it. I’m going to give it a rest for a week or so, then back on until I go to France in November.

the goal is another 20 pounds.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Those look really good to me. I've had them cut up and cold in a salad but never just on their own with a sauce. Were they warm or cold? Would you mind telling us how you made the mustard vinaigrette?
I got the recipe from Eric Ripert’s new book. Rather than type it, I took a pic . Let me know if you can’t read it, I’ll type it up.
I thought it was very good, but too tart. I added some honey to taste to take off the sharp edge.

B92209BF-DDB8-4A93-9A5E-8872A9D44CBA.jpeg
0D1150B6-BE53-463C-B18E-5DDCA462744E.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just stuck to it rigidly. I’m Nooming. In 3 months I only went over 1 time, plus I went to the gym every single day.

Right now I just need a break from it. I’m going to give it a rest for a week or so, then back on until I go to France in November.

the goal is another 20 pounds.

Holy mackerel ... both to France and 20 more pounds! Fabulous!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wanted to copy SilverSage's dinner photo and Hearts of Palm recipe into a thread of its own, and I mistakenly deleted the dinner photo!

Have asked her to please repost it in the new thread.

So sorry!!!

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.