What's Cooking - Sun, July 22 thru Sat, July 28, 2012

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Steak is on the menu tonight :blob_blue:, not sure about the sides yet.

What's everyone else having?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
7/22/12 I have chop meat thawing. Planning on browning it with fresh onion and garlic. Then add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, burgundy wine herbs and spices. Not sure what pasta either linguine or penne.

Leni

We are going shopping later today. Out of cat food and he is not happy. I'm hoping to find a nice tri tip for the grill.

Embryodad

This was a winner as far as taste and texture goes! :chef:

Stuffed Red Bell Peppers..........

The filling, I tried something different. I used broken crackers (saltines) instead of bread crumbs. They had a lighter consistancy...and were not hard.

Used like 2 cups of just smashed crackers, and 3/4 lb of chopped 80% beef meat.
1 egg, and the rest just the normal grated cheese and spices that I usually make meatballs with. splashes of Milk to soften as I mixed with a big fork blend everything equally.

Added Sliced thin carrots over top here and there; which added a sweetness.
NO RICE either as I usually add to stuffed peppers.

7a8443f2.jpg

4e418779.jpg

60799104.jpg

They amazed me....seriously! I didn't use much salt either because the Saltines were salted. Just Right!

K

Kimchee

Tonight I'm having a Banh Mi Vietnamese sub.
Marinating some thin sliced pork in lemongrass, garlic,
ginger, sugar, fish sauce and pepper. Yum!

Leni

Plaans have changed. We are going to have Kobe beef patties on the grill withsweet potato fries and a tossed green salad. My Sun Gold cherry tomato plants are loaded.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Left over broasted chicken, steamed broccoli and skin-on mashed potatoes with onion gravy.

Dinner072212.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
haven't cooked yet. i was snackin' on wings we got the other nite & found hair in one. snacking over after that.
i put a pack of bacon on the thaw for my modified carbonara.

AllenOK

I've got some country-style pork ribs going in the oven, basted with BBQ sauce. Fried taters working in a cast iron skillet, and some broccoli steaming. MMM MMM GOOD!!! Smells heavenly here.

Embryodad

haven't cooked yet. i was snackin' on wings we got the other nite & found hair in one. snacking over after that.
i put a pack of bacon on the thaw for my modified carbonara.
Oh! No! luvs!!!... Gee.... Ayyy... Gee.

When that happens, DW say's,"It's probably yer own!" Duhhh! I don't think so being a 8" long Gray one.

Then she starts to.... G A G .... hahahahahaha

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Oh! No! luvs!!!... Gee.... Ayyy... Gee.

When that happens, DW say's,"It's probably yer own!" Duhhh! I don't think so being a 8" long Gray one.

Then she starts to.... G A G .... hahahahahaha

unless my tresses got very thin & dyed themselves, that was def not my hair. i won't buy thier food again.

i have yet to cook my pasta.:bonk:got the bacon thawed, tho!

Embryodad

unless my tresses got very thin & dyed themselves, that was def not my hair. i won't buy thier food again.

i have yet to cook my pasta.:bonk:got the bacon thawed, tho!
You better Get Cookin Girl! hahaha

Hey! How's everything with the flooding on the South End. Read where they had flash floods there! Poor people! What a shame!

Tina was a river dweller when she grew up in PA. The Elmhurst dam broke in the 50's during hurricane Dianne, and she and her mom were on the roof waiting for row boats to drag them away to safety. She fears water now from that experience.

Can't even splash he face in the pool. She panics!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
7/23/12

If all goes as planned it will be sausage, peppers and onions and maybe stuffed clamshrooms.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I ended up with beef stroganoff over pappardelle last night. Rich and de-lish :readytoeat:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Had to google clamshrooms :huh:

I'm guessing they are mushrooms with a clam stuffing. Can't wait to see those. Sounds like something I'd really like.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Had to google clamshrooms :huh:

I'm guessing they are mushrooms with a clam stuffing. Can't wait to see those. Sounds like something I'd really like.
LOL YUP a cross between stuffed mushrooms and stuffed clams.

Embryodad

What's cooking? Monday/ 23 July / 2012 ?

So far... angel hair macaroni's and sausages I cooked the other day!

If? DW eats that?? I D K ???......Probably! / ?

She has pea soup she can finish.

Have a eggplant from a neighbor...so i WILL SLICE / BREAD / AND FRY THAT!!..oOOOPS cAPS ON! hahahahahaha

SOOooo??? What have Ye in mind?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Re: What's cooking? Monday/ 23 July / 2012 ?

I made a batch of rice this morning with chicken stock, to be turned into vegetable fried rice later. Thawing a pork shoulder steak and will turn that puppy into stir fried pork with steamed veggies, including zucchini from my brother's garden. I'm getting hungry for it, and I just finished my lunch.:corny:

Embryodad

I made a batch of rice this morning with chicken stock, to be turned into vegetable fried rice later. Thawing a pork shoulder steak and will turn that puppy into stir fried pork with steamed veggies, including zucchini from my brother's garden. I'm getting hungry for it, and I just finished my lunch.:corny:
Sounhds good Joe!...
Yer makin me hungry reading about it!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

I am going out to dinner.
Where is yet to be determined.
To stay in town or to go out of town.. that is the question.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
You better Get Cookin Girl! hahaha

Hey! How's everything with the flooding on the South End. Read where they had flash floods there! Poor people! What a shame!

Tina was a river dweller when she grew up in PA. The Elmhurst dam broke in the 50's during hurricane Dianne, and she and her mom were on the roof waiting for row boats to drag them away to safety. She fears water now from that experience.

Can't even splash he face in the pool. She panics!

heresay is it was like a wading pool the other day.
& yeouch! that's not good!

i'm makin' yesterday's pasta soon.

hungry 4 goat cheese polenta & osso bucco:readytoeat:. not so into goin' to the store, tho.

Embryodad

A simple Supper... Angel Hair (w) Sausage!

Boiled the spaghetti in a frying pan in shallow water!
Actually it is starchy, and holds the sauce because it is sticky! I love stuck together macaroni's. Ummmmm :readytoeat:

038f4628.jpg

And this is One of Two dishes I ate! hahahaha

19968961.jpg

Leni

I'm going to grill a tri tip once it's cooler. Sides will be potatoes and a green veggie of some sort. :bbq3:

Lefty

Yank

This is a beef stir fry I just put together. I hope it is as good as it looks.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 208

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Sesame Pork stir fry with veggies & honey-pineapple sauce. Veggie fried rice to compliment. SWMBO loved it. :lol: Pics are a little fuzzy because steam was coming off the food.

Dinner072312.jpg

VeggieFriedRice072312.jpg

K

Kimchee

Grilled Tbone steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions,
grilled sweet corn on the cob and maybe a salad if I feel
ambitious.