What's cooking NCT - Sunday 3/2/2014 - Saturday 3/8/2014

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Breakfast this morning... Dumplings

1797618_10201505908518477_930512583_n.jpg

Supper this evening... Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
1506890_10201505913958613_212673362_n.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ls, that soup looks so beautiful~ grilled cheeses rock, too.

Embryodad

I made what I call DOGBUN Burgers.

Had a bunch of split top hot dog buns.... I didn't want Tina to buy hamburger buns just for two or three burgers. I just fried the sides of the buns in butter, and assembled them into hamburgers by making the burgers elongated.
They were great.

Tina wanted a pressed flat and thin like a slider. I put hers on toast with fried onions.
DD came over with my wish of Chocolate chip cookies with only a few chocolate chips in each cookie.
I had to put them away because It was just like, One after the other. Once I got to 7 I said...that is it! The rest will be eaten tomorrow and the next few days.

Saliha

I had yesterday baked fish (pike perch) with fresh dill and chives, lettuce and potatoes.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had western omelets for dinner last night.

Tonight it will be flank steak, butter and herb noodles and steamed green beans.

Embryodad

I made pork ribs ( a rack of them ) in the oven with a dry rub covered with foil; slow and low for 4 hours. I actually was able to eat half of the bones. I love bones with the marrow.
Darn, watch...."I'll get mad pigs disease now!" Tina will find me crawling around the bedroom on my hands and knees while snorting and oinking like a Pig! hahahahahahaha

That above was my share....plus I snuck a few of the leftover ones too!

Asparagus from the can....

Then... DD brought these sponge cakes and a Panatone...I broke open the sponge cake. It was good even though they were store managers specials..... ( there is Tina in the corner 'TALKING" On the phone. )
4056093967.gif

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
just woke, & went to find 12-grain bread & hummus. then a pop-tart. (cinnamon sugar).

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I made pork ribs ( a rack of them ) in the oven with a dry rub covered with foil; slow and low for 4 hours. I actually was able to eat half of the bones. I love bones with the marrow.
Darn, watch...."I'll get mad pigs disease now!" Tina will find me crawling around the bedroom on my hands and knees while snorting and oinking like a Pig! hahahahahahaha

Then... DD brought these sponge cakes and a Panatone...I broke open the sponge cake. It was good even though they were store managers specials..... ( there is Tina in the corner 'TALKING" On the phone. )
4056093967.gif

Yum, looks great!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
before Mass, there was a fish fry (fish sammiches, slaw-.....) & earlier, bar was selling pierogies. those pierogies were gone by 4:00pm; church food by early evening. so- salad 'twas. that sufficed well enough.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ash Wednesday dinner was cheese pizza from The Lido - thin and crisp.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I made some Magic Cookies Bars this evening. :eating2:

Attachments

• magic_cookie_bars.jpg
    magic_cookie_bars.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 141

Shermie

Site Supporter

4056093967.gif

Dag, that looks GOOD, Embryodad!! :eating2:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a porkchop cooked on the George Foreman, salad, and my first taste of butternut squash. I didn't like the butternut squash, at all. I don't know if I just bought a bum squash or what.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made Sausage bread today so several slice of that and over easy eggs to be dipped in will be dinner.

sausage-bread-6.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pierogies & pabst, if they've not yet sold their food.

side-story....... on wednesday, a not-so-very-well-mannered, rough-around-the-edges woman was @ a bar. they said they were serving pierogies. she pitched a fit. then announced very loudly that she was goin' to get a burger. after she drank & got an order of bar food, too. we others kept glancing @ each other in amusement. sigh. people.

Embryodad

Here we go! haaaaaaaa

The shells and beans and onions. It is so good; I don't know what it is, but I can never stop to eat these.

Then Tina bought strawberries, and made them sliced in a simple (that's me) syrup.

A little tart cup, and we were all set to go.........

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here are MY Magic Cookie Bars that I made the other day. :eating2:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 95

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Put a pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker this morning. Man it smells great. Will pull it out and trim and skim the fat, then put it back in with sauerkraut and make some mashed taters with it.