What's Cooking NCT Sun. 8/7 to Sat. 8/13/2016

Embryodad

:readytoeat: It is forcast to be a gorgeous day. High in the low 80's and lower humidity.
Son and DIL are coming over to work putting up new blinds in the GD's new bedroom / nursery.

Gotta feed them, so I'm thinking burgers on the grill... I'll make some macaroni salad, fry up some onions for whomever wants them.
DW will stop and get some good fresh beef and buns after mass.
Some Doctored up baked beans. Noodles with sour cream for Son Jimmy, and with butter for GD. They don't eat mac salad or anything with mayo.

Embryodad

Well.... the kids came over late, and they were full.
They wanted to get done hanging the new blinds so they could go cruising in the Pre-Owned Corvette they just bought.

So we ( Tina and I ), did have burgers from Wendy's and fries for me, and a baked chili cheese potato for Tina mommy! .... It hit the spot.

Tina mommy just made a 18x9 pan of Rice Krispy Treats.
They are sitting behind me and teasing me as they cool.
They are so addicting. :)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Whats Cooking NCT? Sun 8/7 to Sat. 8/13/2016

Big cop out Wendy's baked potato.

New dog (Morgan) wanted to go out at 4:30. OK, I'm game, let her out. She jammed a gate and escaped. So at that hour of the day two scantily dressed adults are running around trying to find a large white dog.

Thankfully, we were successful. The gate? Say hello to the Morgan proof protector. Anyway, too tired to cook.

IMG_20160807_165542597.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:readytoeat: It is forcast to be a gorgeous day. High in the low 80's and lower humidity.
Son and DIL are coming over to work putting up new blinds in the GD's new bedroom / nursery.

Gotta feed them, so I'm thinking burgers on the grill... I'll make some macaroni salad, fry up some onions for whomever wants them.
DW will stop and get some good fresh beef and buns after mass.
Some Doctored up baked beans. Noodles with sour cream for Son Jimmy, and with butter for GD. They don't eat mac salad or anything with mayo.

Congratulations, Great Grandpappy to be!

Last night I cooked a Jennie-O turkey breast tenderloin. It was great, and now I have plenty of turkey for sandwiches and for cornbread dressing too.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Made Pork roll, lettuce and tomato on toasted English for dinner.

Embryodad

Made Pork roll, lettuce and tomato on toasted English for dinner.
Hey peeps, guess what? Tina went to that German Pork store on 46 in Rockaway, and
picked up potato salad that her uncle likes, and then she eyed Pork Roll.
It says, "Our own home made pork roll, and smoked"... She picked up a package to try, and I really like it. I like the ShopRite spicy one too, but this one is more on the smoked side, and less fat.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hey peeps, guess what? Tina went to that German Pork store on 46 in Rockaway, and
picked up potato salad that her uncle likes, and then she eyed Pork Roll.
It says, "Our own home made pork roll, and smoked"... She picked up a package to try, and I really like it. I like the ShopRite spicy one too, but this one is more on the smoked side, and less fat.

I like the shop rite tangy also. What's the name and address of that Pork store?

Tonight was beef stew. Everyone loved it and and ms picky had several helpings!!

I saved some of the browned cubes to make beef pot pies.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not sure now what dinner will be. Choices are beef pot pie, beef barley soup (both using reserved beef cubes from last nights dinner), TLT sandwiches or lentil soup.

Embryodad

Today will probably be tuna salad sandwiches. Could be tomato sandwiches with mayo. Tomatoes are starting to be abundant on the counter here.
OOops ! I see the crisper drawer has a few corn on the cob from a couple days ago. They are not fresh, but we can play Cow's and eat them.:corn: LOL

Johnny West

Last night we had lamb dinners drom Met Market and the gave us large portions of lamb roast so there was enough left over for lamb korma tonight. I cooked two poatoes, a large carrot, cubed steamed lamb, and added a jar of Patek's Korma Curry Sauce. It was better than anything I've had in a restaurant.

Attachments

• #######Lamb Korma.jpg
    #######Lamb Korma.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 111

Embryodad

Instead of Tuna salad, Tina suggested burgers on the grill, with tomato and mayo.
I had 1 and 1/2 of hers. Macaroni salad, and as I ate and chewed my burger, I sang the song "Rubber Ball" ( I'll come bouncing back to You!").....
Why??
Because the ground beef was like rubber erasers trying to chew it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRuzaMwvrA

Packaged burgers from Walmart.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I cleaned and cooked two bunches of mustard greens last night. I just had greens and cornbread last night, but tonight will be greens, turkey, and cornbread dressing. I'm a greens fiend :).

mustard%20greens.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Another four days of 97-98-97-99 coming up........ Cold Cuts, Salads and carry-out............

Domestic Goddess

We are having...

Cindi's Chicken Macaroni Salad

Creamy Cucumber Salad with Dill

Corn-on-the-cob

Chocolate Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen

Johnny West

Tonight it's BLT's and will try my hand at making some brown sugar bacon. Green beans and mac and cheese will be on the side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Heat index 108F. Not sure what dinner will be. So glad the A/C is working!

Embryodad

Tina and GD went up to the Fair at the state fairgrounds in Augusta, NJ
She said it was so hot, she grabbed me a sausage sandwich, and cotton candy for them, and left. It was so hot, they were dripping wet. If they were there an hour and a half, it was a lot.
Win Some / Lose Some, I guess!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD's 37th birthday celebration. By request, I made homemade basil whole wheat fettuccini Alfredo with broccoli and grilled chicken breast. Got enough leftover for dinner in Monday.

image_14.jpeg

image_13.jpeg