What's Cooking NCT Sun. 8/31 to Sat. 9/6 2014

Embryodad

Had the Labor Day thing Sunday at 6 pm.
Sausage patties , burgers, and hot dogs.
I made some ribs in the oven slow and low.

DIL made red velvet cupcakes and we had a great time.

Now tomorrow we can loaf and relax. I whipped up a yeast raised waffle batter for tomorrow morning. Tina was wishing for my waffles.
I felt bad, and said...use the box mix stuff. She said,"Not On Labor Day!!!"

I broke down, and the batch is in the reefer proofing.
I am so gosh darn full...that was the least thing on my mind. (Waffles).
Now it's sounding pretty good.

Anyway.... Everyone have a great Labor Day Celebration. :bbq3:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Since I am a bachelor for a few days I went with my old stand by---Meat pies! Man they are good for a quick supper.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 131

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Since I am a bachelor for a few days I went with my old stand by---Meat pies! Man they are good for a quick supper.

yinz guys know we know things we let you think we're oblivious to, right-- we plain ol' won't let on until a fight ensues. then we have armor. 'yuoooooooooooo made meat pies!' 'he saved me not one sliver- not 1!' we'll mutter (yell) as we leave that kitchen in utter distress.

my pal was looking to get a fast food lunch. i gracefully declined. if he'll take me to get noodles- different story. we shall see when he gets here.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I always eat 2 meat pies. These are our homemade and healthy ones. We make up about a dozen at a time, flash freeze and vac seal them. The pups and one parrot got little bits of crust because I love that also. Tonight I ordered a stromboli since I used up the leftovers while she was gone. Just cleaned all the dishes and pots and pans she left for me too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I always eat 2 meat pies. These are our homemade and healthy ones. We make up about a dozen at a time, flash freeze and vac seal them. The pups and one parrot got little bits of crust because I love that also. Tonight I ordered a stromboli since I used up the leftovers while she was gone. Just cleaned all the dishes and pots and pans she left for me too.

yeah, muley! think i'll need to taste-test a few. quality reassurance. us ladies so appreciate when yinz guys wash those dishes.

.......'cept fer that time jake chipped my beloved plate. pretty sure i shattered his eardrum via my bitching & griping, yelling, whining, & grumbling, too.

Embryodad

Had different eats here.
Gabe the uncle had a cheeseburger tater tots, and baked beans...
Tinamommy had corn on the cog and macaroni salad she made.

I had two Dietz and Watson Natural casing hot dogs grilled, with hot dog chili sauce and minced onions and mustard... 2 ears of Corn.And mac salad! .... I guess a ice cream sammitch for dessert. Nope! Changed my mind. Tina is scooping out some butter chip / crunch ice cream for me.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Best tasting dinner I've had, anywhere!

Thank you Big Green Egg..... and Fran

dinner.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
MountainMan, have you posted your meat pie recipe here? If not, please do! Include baking time and temp.

Buzz, that plate looks spectacular!

Lee

Embryodad

Buzz...looks great. Just gave me an inspiration for supper tomorrow. Got the mushies and steak too.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
A day late and a dollar short, but better late than never. Brined a big roasting chicken overnight, then spatchcocked it and popped in the smoker for 4 hours. Also made potato salad and DW made her baked beans topped with bacon. The kids & grandkids came over and ate everything but the plates. Homemade frosted cake brownies and ice cold milk for dessert.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, i'm having dietz/watson fer dinner, too- i was sorting through a few kinds of deli meat after i read your post. market district sells their meats w/ their own name on there, as well. (i read- they partnered w/ 'em.)

i'll have fingerling potato salad, too- has a vinaigrette & diced bacon. organic horizons as my beverage.

Embryodad

Well.... Today the steaks will go on the grill. I'm, gonna fry the mushrooms up, and Tina and her Uncle want Steak-Um Sandwiches. So Be It!

A tomato salad will go good with all of it too!

Embryodad

Yeah! The Dietz and Watson iss good.
I put the natural casing ones on the grill outside, and hahaha I went to move them around, and the fork pierced them, and they ruptured open. They popped and blew up!
It was so funny. :laugh::bbq:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i found a pkt. of snow peas & opened greek yogurt dressing, in peppercorn- ranch. then opened veggie soup.
i have gotten to snacking my way through dinner, rather than cook as often as i used to.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Brat with onion relish on a buttered and toasted bun with some pitiful, pitiful, pitiful watermelon on the side:

Bratwithonionrelish.jpg

Embryodad

Made steak-um and cheese sammiches for everybody.
I had fried green peppers on mine too.
I pigged out on 4 Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dessert. Tina picked them up in Pa. today.

Embryodad

I mentioned...."Honey, we haven't had "Shepherds Pie" in a Long Long Time!"

She was aghast... and said,"Oh Yeah! Good Idea!"

So...It's for supper tonight!........... I will make a cut tomato salad with oil and garlic.

BTW... she will make it; because I lessen the potatoes, and go h e a v y on the cheese!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i found a bag of snow pea pods & a bag of salad in my fridge. dipped them into a bottle of marzetti's. yum.

i have a sack of popcorn fer dinner, tonite.