WHATS COOKING? NCT Sun. 8/14 to Sat. 8/20/2016

Embryodad

Today, Tuesday, Tina mom made a big pot of beef stew.
It was great, and with Italian bread to sop up the gravy....ummmm!!

She even made a lemon chiffon pie. I was elected to cut us each a slice, but I guess I was a little sloppy!! :applause:

Tina took a pic of the mess! ..... :bonk:

Domestic Goddess

For dinner I had... a sandwich with smoked turkey, mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
Along with a few Kosher baby dill pickles and a glass of lemonade mint iced tea.

Embryodad

Supper was a ham and cheese with tomato and mayo, on rye toasted lightly.

I made it myself, and ate it all by myself.

Tinamommy had a tummy ache, so she only had a piece of chocolate candy!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner is going to be shrimp bisque. It was going to be shrimp and scallop bisque until I saw that the scallops were $30/bag.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everyone wanted a replay so we had beef stew and beef barley soup again and waffles this week.
Tonight may be biscuits, sausage and dipping eggs.

Embryodad

Tina suggested pizza.... I said, how about that KFC popcorn crispy chicken, and fries with a side of coleslaw? .... She said that sounded better.

I do have two small flounder pieces in the toaster oven. They were fresh bought yesterday, and so I wanted to cook em up.

Johnny West

We did KFC and trimmings Tuesday night and had the last of it for lunch today.

Wednesday night had Alberta tenderloin with chimichurri at the Grand Pacific in Victoria and it was excellent. I'll post a picture later tonight. I should have had the ling cod but had fish and chips for lunch in Blaine.

Embryodad

I don't eat chicken, unless it is well done. No juice, and not tender or wet.
The popcorn little pieces are so crunchy, I will eat them.
I love their coleslaw too! I had some fries with ketchup on the side to dunk them in.

Johnny West

I don't eat rare chciken but do like it juicy. If the chciken is dry it goes into the soup pot.

Here is the Alberta beef tenderloin I had Wednesday night. The braised veg was excellent.

Attachments

• #######Alberta Beef.jpg
    #######Alberta Beef.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 106

Embryodad

I don't eat rare chciken but do like it juicy. If the chciken is dry it goes into the soup pot.

Here is the Alberta beef tenderloin I had Wednesday night. The braised veg was excellent.
Looks great! ....

I'm having samples of sausage and peppers tonight.
The Baby shower is tomorrow for GD. Guys will be here while the girls are at the golf course banquet hall having the shower.