Whats Cooking NCT? Sun. 7/31 to Sat. 8/6/2016

Embryodad

I want to make something new for Sunday Supper....
Sick of hot dogs, and hamburgers; sick of Italian sauce and macaroni's.
I think I will make Philly Cheese Steaks. Something to enjoy a few beers with. Tina picked up the perfect hoagie rolls to have them on.
Got peppers too!
Maybe a few ears of corn. :corny::corny:

I want a salad with romaine, spinach, and tomatoes, with chunks of pepperoni, and chunks of cheese. Some good olive oil, and yumm!

Watermellon and cantaloupe balls for dessert! ........

Embryodad

Still scorching .... one more day - no stove

Tuna & Egg Salad plate w/ Pickled cukes

Looks great LT.....

Everytime I see great meaty tomatoes like that, I remember a quote my dad used to tell me.
He said, "son, if you want to make a Million Dollars, figure out a way to preserve a tomato to stay fresh all year long!" .....

He would turn over in his grave, just to see we can get "fresh tomatoes" all year long from other regions of the world.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Got some pork side meat slabs (from trimming up spare ribs) in the oven at 225F for a couple hours, then mark them up on the grill. Tomato/cucumber salad and twice baked potatoes to round out the meal. Mama made chocolate chip cookies, so that's what dessert looks like right now.

Domestic Goddess

Don't fill like cooking, so hubby's grilling some brats and chipotle hot dogs. I'm being lazy, so I'm just going to open a can of baked beans, and we'll be having Berry Bread for dessert.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Roasted chicken breast, steamed yellow squash (From my daughters garden) and baked sweet potato.

Embryodad

( tears )

Philly cheese steaks didn't happen. Mommy Tina was wishing for her Lasagna...

It didn't work out that well. Even Mommy said she didn't care for it.
The problem was, ( Not enough S A L T ) Ricotta needs salt, as so does Mozzarella and the noodles.

That's OK.... Tomorrow will be my cheese steaks.

Carolina Cooking

Bunch of veggies over pasta..

I deleted 900 photos from PB this morning,took a long time. Just opened it up and they are all back and all over the place .Totally out of order and not in their files...:confused::sad::yuk:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
image_12.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, DG, PLEASE say more about green bean fries! Do you make or buy them?

Details!!!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to a locally owned steakhouse and got a 12 oz New York Strip, baked sweet potato, and broccoli (hold the cheese sauce).

Oh..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEEPS!!
:bdaycake:

Johnny West

Happy Birthday Peeps!!! :blowcandle:

Yup, a steak would be nice right now.
I do like plain shredded cheddar melted on broccoli and cauliflower.

Yesterday I did not have anything to eat for 24 hours, then watermelon at 10 PM.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got ground beef that will be ??something??

Happy birthday, Peeps! I hope your AC is functioning, you're cool, and you have plenty of water :).

Johnny West

My son took granddaughter to the mall to play while I napped. On his way home he stopped and got me a double Jumbo Jack (no cheese) and I savoured very bite.

Attachments

• #######jack-in-the-box.jpg
    #######jack-in-the-box.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 88

Ironman

🍺
Bacon

My son took granddaughter to the mall to play while I napped. On his way home he stopped and got me a double Jumbo Jack (no cheese) and I savoured very bite.
Good Lord, She's a beauty Johnny! :clap:

Tonight I made a BLT with a Golden Girl tomato fresh from the garden. No time for pics... :whistling:

Embryodad

The kids are over working on moving GD into the large bedroom. Tina mommy picked up a sausage and a pepperoni pizza from Bella Pizza just outside of town.

I had a Knockwurst with hot mustard and bread as a pusher.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Salisbury steak, mashed taters, gravy and steamed baby spinach.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

WOWZERS ! You've still got Jack-In-The-Box ??

That was my favorite burger joint in the seventies..... then that salmonella pox hit them, and all of ours here in Pa. went away. (sigh!)

Johnny West

Yes, we have them all over the area. That echoli thing started when we got back from Germany but after time they were right back close to being on top. I like them better than anyone else's for a quick burger fix. That picture I got off the net but the one I had looked close.