What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 5/29 To Sat. 6/4/2016

Embryodad

Tina made BBQ hot dogs yesterday. I had two today, saved the rest for tomorrow when the Son and DIL come over.
Potato salad is made for tomorrow, so we had samples of that today.

Tina picked up a ham that was on the reduced rack at Weis market, and paid only $3.00 for it because it was near the sell by date!
I got that in a pot slowly boiling it ( to get some of the sodium out ).
We will slap that baby on the grill tomorrow AM and cook it with a glaze and pineapples.
Later, I will drain the water, and there will be plenty for me to knife off some slices. Yumm!.... Never really had a ham for a BBQ but there is always a first time! There will be burgers and hot dogs too!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Whew!
It was a warm one today, so I just made a salad, heavy on the 'maters, onions and croutons.

Then later, an ice cream treat-- a strawberry waffle cone.

Johnny West

Today is hotdogs and baked beans. I'll go to Safeway later and get some potato salade. :hotdog:

I started driving myself yesterday - :driving:

Embryodad

Today was dogs, burgers, pot & mac salad, deviled eggs, cole slaw.
Tina made the Greek style chili sauce for the dogs and burgers. Boy! That hit the spot!

Had Brownies and cannoli cake. Then, strawberry short cake tarts with whipped cream.

All in all, a nice day!

Domestic Goddess

Today was dogs, burgers, pot & mac salad, deviled eggs, cole slaw.
Tina made the Greek style chili sauce for the dogs and burgers. Boy! That hit the spot!

Had Brownies and cannoli cake. Then, strawberry short cake tarts with whipped cream.

All in all, a nice day!

Embryodad, this site really needs a "like" button for all us members to use. As I really "liked" what you had for lunch or diiner!

Domestic Goddess

We're having...

Fried Chicken - from Roundy's Pic 'N Save. I have an in store coupon, 8 pieces for $6.00 (usually it's $5.00), but six bucks is still a good deal, plus it's quite tasty and seasoned perfectly.

Baked Potatoes with butter and topped French Onion Dip

Baked Beans

Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch (for dessert)

Embryodad

All that would do for me! Sounds good!
I love rhubarb.
BTW .... there is a like / thank you button at the lower right of the posts.

Johnny West

My rhubarb is doing well and will see what kind of energy I have Friday to make a crisp.

Tonight is a spaghetti casserole with the leftovers from the other night. I'll heat meatballs on the hob. :eating2:

Embryodad

Had 2 chili dogs tonight. 2 doughnuts, and a coffee.

Was nice and cool today. 68 for a high. Great!

Embryodad

Tina ground some ham that I slow boiled the other night. She made ham croquettes and then a banana cake. Good!

I may slice that ham up, and make a nice ham and cheese sandwich for a snack.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I cooked two racks of baby back ribs last night. More of the same tonight.

I've never eaten rhubarb.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I love rhubarb and strawberries combo. I love the pie. Also homemade sauce, and ice cream topping (or just by itself with a spoon). :whistle::clap: