What's Cooking NCT Sun 12/29/2013 to Sat 1/4/2014 HAPPY NEW YEAR

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
1545950_10201149630251743_1405009248_n.jpg

Embryodad

I threw a rack of ribs in the oven 250ºF covered for 4 hours.
I rubbed with my own hit or miss spices. I liked it. Tina didn't. Said there was too much chili powder. I couldn't tell. I swallyd them down in 10 seconds per rib.

Oh Well .....

Tina made beef stroganoff for GD. Over mashed taters...she liked it.

I had a taste too. Sopped up the gravy with bread. Ummm!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Beef stew with lots of fresh veggies and a green salad with some Italian bread.

Embryodad

Cavatelli she looks good Joe!

Today was leftover whatever we felt like.

I had Ramen noodles and an English muffin with cream cheese.

Tina had kielbasi and macaroni salad.
Then she had mashed taters with gravy.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cavatelli she looks good Joe!

Today was leftover whatever we felt like.

I had Ramen noodles and an English muffin with cream cheese.

Tina had kielbasi and macaroni salad.
Then she had mashed taters with gravy.
I got up at 0400 this morning, so I made English muffins and a Joe McMuffin for breakfast.

Attachments

• Breakfast 010314.jpg
    Breakfast 010314.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 110

Embryodad

I made chicken soup today. Just a small pot with a skinless boneless chix breast.
carrots / celery / corn / peas / and a small roma tomato chopped.

Just made a batter for yeast raised waffles for tomorrows breakfast.
Fried a lb. of bacon for the morning too!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sometimes you just NEED a sammie from Subway. I'm that way about once a year with Mr Hero Romanburgers. One a year and I'm good, but I just gotta have it to satisfy that Jones.

Had our middle daughter's 32nd birthday here yesterday. I made pulled pork, sweet coleslaw and a steamed vegetable medley at her request. DW made her an apple cake instead of the traditional cake, also at her request.

I started to make spaghetti sauce yesterday, and got distracted by the grandkids who stayed overnight (so the birthday revelers could go bar hopping with their sister). Long story short, I ended pouring 6 cans of puree, two cans of paste, lots of chopped onion and fresh garlic & spices down the drain when the sauce burned to the bottom of the pan and tainted the whole batch. Grrrrrrr....my own damn fault. That's the last time I'm making sauce when anyone is here, especially the little ones. It's too hard to stay focused on what you're doing while everyone is demanding attention. Did I say how nice it was when everyone went home last night?:clap: