What's Cooking July 6/July 12?

Leni

London broil on the grill with home made Boston baked beans. I'm debating between broccoli or a tossed green salad.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pork tenderloin medallions, steamed fresh veggies and potato salad leftover from the 4th.

Embryodad

No clue for today's cooking....
Yesterday was eggplant parm The lady made; along with a great tomato sauce with sausage and meatballs.
Plusssss.....fried meatballs to snicky snack on.

Now I'm all sauced out for now. Hot dogged out, and burgered out...

Maybe a BLT ? or a liverwurst on rye with thin onions. IDK?

K

Kimchee

Kielbasa, pierogies and peas.
Charred one side of the sausage, but that's OK, we like it that way.

Damn, liverwurst sandwiches sound really good right now.

But what I'm jonesing for is a bag of Chilli Cheese Fritos. I don't keep them in the
house, and only buy little grab bags of them. When they are present, I am a vacuum and they are dirt.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had black bean soup for supper last night. :eating2:

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 145

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Dinner last night was a semi-bust. I stuffed flounder filets with a crabcake mixture and topped with lemon butter. I've used the crabcakes before to make cheater stuffed shrimp, and they were really good. So I don't know if they changed the crabmeat mixture, or if I accidentally picked up a different brand. Oh well, gotta have a bust every once in a while.

StuffedFlounder.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I baked 3 breaded Alaskan flounder fillets and some sweet potatoes. Put them all on parchment paper on a cookies sheet and flipped them over after 12 minutes. They were great.

Leni

Steak on the grill with mashed potatoes and a tossed green salad with home grown tomatoes.

Embryodad

We had "Susan's Meatballs" for supper.

hamburger meat / onions / bread cubes / egg / salt and pepper...oval shape / dredged in flour / fry lightly, and finish in oven in a casserole pan covered with cream of mushroom soup. cook till top browns and bubbling hot.

Mixed frozen veggies .... potatoes??? .... I eat bread and butter instead. Tina and Uncle can eat taters.

K

Kimchee

Since the wonderful people here helped me with my fire/heat management in my charcoal grill, I had to grill something.
Beer can chicken. Added some lemon pepper and poultry seasoning to my standard rub mix and worked it under the skin as well as on it. Stuck half a lemon in the top opening.
Damn that was good chicken. I'd forgotten how much I like BBQ'd chicken....

Attachments

• BBQBeerButtChicken.jpg
    BBQBeerButtChicken.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 141

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so far- a cheese & cracker sample, cheddar sample, & a delicious new cheese i bought- similar to a very ripe camembert, w/ both slightly sweet, yet savory, buttery-rich notes i've yet to get w/ another cheese. so gorgeous. ummmm! i hafta buy another soon.
later, i'm seeing if perogies may be on tonite.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Since the wonderful people here helped me with my fire/heat management in my charcoal grill, I had to grill something.
Beer can chicken. Added some lemon pepper and poultry seasoning to my standard rub mix and worked it under the skin as well as on it. Stuck half a lemon in the top opening.
Damn that was good chicken. I'd forgotten how much I like BBQ'd chicken....

Dag, that looks GOOD, Kimchee!!! Do you have the recipe for it? :eating2:

Attachments

• Beer Can Chicken..jpg
    Beer Can Chicken..jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 131

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got a warm pretzel w/ cheese & 2 drafts.
4 hippie-esque ppl that apparently avoid deodorant/soap aisles were by me. my dinner was quite overshadowed by their lack of cleanliness. i would've luved to spray 'em w/ a stream of h2o via that pop fountain, & give 'em a cleanin'. ew.

Embryodad

Supper was Chinese from Hong Kong Palace...

Pork fried rice....egg rolls ...and shrimp chow mane .

cake cups with strawberries and whipped cream . g o o d !

Embryodad

got a warm pretzel w/ cheese & 2 drafts.
4 hippie-esque ppl that apparently avoid deodorant/soap aisles were by me. my dinner was quite overshadowed by their lack of cleanliness. i would've luved to spray 'em w/ a stream of h2o via that pop fountain, & give 'em a cleanin'. ew.
What a stinky bummer....

I hate when that happens.... putrid..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm now dabbling in a salad. veggies/greenz-frisee/arugula/grains,-bulgur & quinoa- melons, redd grapes. bleu cheese. feta, strawberry, asparagi, roast chix, deli meats........oh, bleep. is yummy. multi-stuff. 'lil tomato- 2 kinds, fruit to follow, olive, cuke, almond, berries, seeds. artichoke. kalamatas. um. dinner. kinda early.
i luv extras when food plays a role.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last night I made a cannellini bean thing (think Texas Caviar but made with cannellinis instead of black eyed peas) and had it over polenta rounds with a side of the **best** watermelon that I've had all season.

It took me a while to pick that melon, but it was well worth the time. It passed my three tests for a tasty melon--bright green color, hollow thump, and a large, about 4" by 6", yellow spot on the bottom.

Leni

It passed my three tests for a tasty melon--bright green color, hollow thump, and a large, about 4" by 6", yellow spot on the bottom.

The ONLY way to select a watermelon!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Made a taco salad with venison burger and fresh butter crunch lettuce from our garden. Did not have tomatoes and I refuse to pay the crazy prices they want right now. Was good and have enough to do it again in a day or two.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 118

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm thinking tonight's dinner will be something along the line of chicken florentine or lemon chicken.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made beginnings of lil' pies, then i'll whip a batch of cream. i'd better get that filling into my crusts soon. then i'll get a sammich.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that was, to me, gonna be whipped cream. then my meowers took over- thanx, tig & bab.

Attachments

• sighhfkinmeowers.jpg
    sighhfkinmeowers.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 83

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I put a bottom round roast in the slow cooker before 9 AM. Wife just made a raspberry pie from yesterdays picking. Starting to smell good in here. Got fresh picked little red taters to add after a bit and likely some celery and onion and carrots.

Leni

Husband type has put in the order for eggplant. Daughter and I do not care for it so we'll have fish which he doesn't like.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Added the veggies except the celery. Ain't running to the greenhouse boxes in the rain to cut some. Tried a piece of the raspberry pie and it was wonderful. Should have waited for it to cool a little!:yum:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 79