What's Cookin' Sunday January 24 - Saturday 30

Embryodad

Scallops and shrimp; mixed with leftover beef fillet stir-fry.
I want bagged Spanish yellow rice with it, but Tina says it's too much sodium for me. :rolleyes:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As you can see, I'm quite hungry today lol

Kentucky Legend smoked chop, cream cheese/parsley egg noodles, mixed freezer vegs and a salad.. to use up the lettuce which was looking sad.

20210128_165626.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those Kentucky Legend smoked pork chops are great, aren't they? Nice grill marks on yours!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Beef short ribs, mirepoix, merlot, beef stock. Seared then.cooked in a pressure cooker. Defatted the liquid by putting in refrigerator overnight, then warmed up and used the immersion blender to pulverize the mirepoix and thicken the gravy. Mashies and steamed broccoli and carrots. Mascarpone brownies for dessert.
2021-01-28 19.26.52.jpg

Ironman

🍺
Tater tot taco casserole on a cold Wisconsin night, after googling recipes for 2 hours lol

Tator Taco Casserole (Ironman)

INGREDIENT LIST

• 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 small onion, diced finely
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 (4 oz) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
  • 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (12 oz) package frozen corn
  • 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 1 (28 oz) package frozen tater tots
  • 1 (10 oz) can Old El Paso™ Red Enchilada Sauce
  • Toppings: olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes
GET INGREDIENTSPowered by Chicory

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. For extra crispy tater tots, bake tater tots for about 10 minutes while preparing the beef mixture - otherwise prepare as follows.

In a large skillet, brown the beef and the onion. Add the garlic towards the end of the browning process and cook for 1 minute. Drain.

Add the green chiles, taco seasoning mix, black beans, corn, and 2 cups of the cheese. Stir together to combine. If your skillet isn’t big enough you may need to stir it together in a bowl.

Pour mixture into the prepared 9x13 pan. Arrange tater tots on top of the mixture in a single layer.

Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the casserole as evenly as you can.

Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until tater tots are nice and crispy. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Top with olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes when serving if desired.

F7DEC29A-3782-4684-90D0-F3E89C379A51.jpeg
B4E4BC4D-EA27-4AA8-860D-F26FE1BA8331.jpeg
D7A52E39-39D1-4ABE-A4B1-E5C0E044CE42.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironman

🍺
Oh yes!!!
Show us the recipe...please Mark.
?
I deep fried the tots for a few minutes to keep em crisp

Embryodad

The final decision was Take out Chinese food.
Fried rice, egg rolls, and shrimp with vegetables.
Wonton noodles soup too. . . . . . . . . I felt like an 'oaf', and closed my eye's after eating. I fell asleep for two hours; in the
office chair,, "sitting up!!!"

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Jeff and I are having lunch at Pizza Hut.
That's probably going to be my biggest meal of the day.
I'm getting their honey bbq chicken sandwich and straight cut fries.
Personal pan and wings for the big guy.

Johnny West

My wife is on a terror making Vegetarian Indian food - 10 different dishes for tonight. I can't even begin to name them all. We still have a shrimp curry and a lamb dish leftover in freezer I was going to eat. Yesterday's drive to the Indian grocery was interesting with loads of different rices, spices, beans, you name it and look forward to going back. I got some small pearl tapioca and will make pudding next week.