Whatcha cookin' Sunday 4/28 thru Saturday 5/4?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made steel cut apple cinnamon oats for breakfast this morning with toasted walnuts. YUM!

I thawed a chuck roast yesterday so I'll be making that in the pressure cooker. Probably mashed taters, gravy and either peas or broccoli for the sides.

Attachments

• breakfast04282013.jpg
    breakfast04282013.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 169

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Lunch was Chili's (I only had 1 slice of the 9" 5 cheese pizza), some salsa, guacamole with roasted corn and a few chips. The 4 of us share 1 molten lava cake (SOOOOOOO good!) for DD's birthday cake. I am stuffed. Not sure when or what dinner will be. I may just have a burger on a plate and some of the assorted cheeses from last night for dinner.

Embryodad

Supper is all ready.

The 6 pizza pies are all put together and stacked on the Island covered with saran wrap; ready to just bake in the oven for 6PM when the kids come over.

I like that. No muss; no fuss. Usually everyone congregates in and around the kitchen, and I need my space when I cook and ready the food for placing it out for serving. I made two plain..one sausage....one peppers....one mushroom...and one combination with onions sausage and peppers.
DD is over decorating and prepping some kind of pretzel snack with Rollo Cups on top??? Then she bakes them in the oven.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD came over and requested chicken fajitas and Spanish rice. Soooooo, request filled like a good Daddy does. We ended up making wraps with the chicken, red, green & yellow peppers, onions, sour cream and guacamole. I put the rice on mine also. they aren't high quality pics, but they were delicious.

Embryodad

DD came over and requested chicken fajitas and Spanish rice. Soooooo, request filled like a good Daddy does. We ended up making wraps with the chicken, red, green & yellow peppers, onions, sour cream and guacamole. I put the rice on mine also. they aren't high quality pics, but they were delicious.

The Spanish rice....looks so nice, and really has a lovely spice.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I fixed the roast in the pressure cooker. Decided to have mashed taters, gravy, corn, mustard greens and slice tomatoes. When I went out to the garden today, 5 of my tomato plants were flowering :biggrin:

Attachments

• dinner04282013.jpg
    dinner04282013.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 155

Embryodad

Last Nights Fried meatballs for Snacking on.....

sherriebday004.jpg

Todays supper. I made pizza ...
I had everything prepped, and the pizza sitting on the counter ready to pop in the oven at 5:30.
DD came over to make some crunchies and munchies.

sherriebday009.jpg

sherriebday011.jpg

sherriebday010.jpg

sherriebday016.jpg

Canoli's and Cake for DIL's Birthday Celebration Today.There is even a Sarah lee Pound Cake for DS because he won't eat carrot cake. Fussss....eeeee Fussy!

sherriebday029.jpg

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Roast chicken last night with roast parsnips (from the garden), roast potatoes, roast carrots and leeks in white sauce.
Then made a large batch of macaroni cheese with the leftover chicken added to be frozen in bathes for lunches.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
headed to bar 2 of the evening. i'll see whom is cookin'. the polski market was open. may be pigs-in-a-blanket.

think i'll stick w/ food from my place. they were closed. the bar is too crowded. i'll pantry-dive.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Had a salad for lunch.

Supper was just a can of herring in olive oil, with crackers, instead of my planned hot dogs with natural casings. It was too late to wolf them down.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Darn you Jimmy. Now I'm Jonesing for herring & Ritz crackers. Grrrrrrrr...

Anywhoooo, I put a 8# pork shoulder in the oven at 10:30 pm on 225F. It will cook all night and be ready for pulled pork when I get up. Smells real good in here already.

Embryodad

Darn you Jimmy. Now I'm Jonesing for herring & Ritz crackers. Grrrrrrrr...

Anywhoooo, I put a 8# pork shoulder in the oven at 10:30 pm on 225F. It will cook all night and be ready for pulled pork when I get up. Smells real good in here already.
I could smell it all the way over hear Joe!

Uhhhh! You get up, and actually EAT the pulled pork? Or is it, You wake up, and pull all the pork, to be eaten later??
If I ate Pulled Pork in the morning, I wouldn't be able to get up and move! hahahaha

BTW...I just put the ritz crackers away. Had like 8 with PB and Jam.
And Yesss! I did grab that big tripple size lump of PB and eat it as I put the jar away!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I could smell it all the way over hear Joe!

Uhhhh! You get up, and actually EAT the pulled pork? Or is it, You wake up, and pull all the pork, to be eaten later??
If I ate Pulled Pork in the morning, I wouldn't be able to get up and move! hahahaha

BTW...I just put the ritz crackers away. Had like 8 with PB and Jam.
And Yesss! I did grab that big tripple size lump of PB and eat it as I put the jar away!
No, while I love pulled pork, it's not high on my list of breakfast foods.

FWIW, "Everything is better when it sits on a Ritz." :thumb:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I bought some chow mein noodles the other day, and the plan was to do the crispy noodles that are browned in oil and top them with chicken and vegetables. When it got right down to it, I was afraid I wouldn't like them and went with just plain noodles.

I've been doing some reading, and some say that chicken chow mein has to have crispy noodles. If the noodles aren't crispy, it's lo mein. Some say chow mein can be crispy noodles or soft. It must be a regional thing because the debates get passionate.

I cooked this, so I can call it whatever I want :mrgreen:, and I'm calling it Chicken Chow Mein:

ChickenChowMein.jpg

Embryodad

I bought some chow mein noodles the other day, and the plan was to do the crispy noodles that are browned in oil and top them with chicken and vegetables. When it got right down to it, I was afraid I wouldn't like them and went with just plain noodles.

I've been doing some reading, and some say that chicken chow mein has to have crispy noodles. If the noodles aren't crispy, it's lo mein. Some say chow mein can be crispy noodles or soft. It must be a regional thing because the debates get passionate.

I cooked this, so I can call it whatever I want :mrgreen:, and I'm calling it Chicken Chow Mein:

ChickenChowMein.jpg
Looks Good cooksie...

When we get Chinese Take out... they give that bags of fried noodles, and DD and her BF put them down in the dish, and then cover them with the whatever they ordered.
Tina and I eat them one by one dipping them in Duck Sauce and me, I like the hot mustard. Haaaaaa.... The kids laugh.

Heck...I even dunk the fortune cookies in the duck sauce and mustard.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The pork shoulder came out nice. Turned it into pulled pork sammies fro dinner with coleslaw and baked redskin taters.

Embryodad

The pork shoulder came out nice. Turned it into pulled pork sammies fro dinner with coleslaw and baked redskin taters.

Great pork Joe! LOL

Sandwiches are delectable.

That would make my mouth quiver!

Is that your own sauce on the bun?
It looks a lot better than ketchup!:good:

Embryodad

Great pork Joe! LOL

Sandwiches are delectable.

That would make my mouth quiver!:readytoeat:

Is that your own sauce on the bun?
It looks a lot better than ketchup!:good:

Embryodad

Breakfast.....I made a Egg sandwich with HOT Peppers and ( Tina mad At Jimmy Cheese! )

It's the cheese that Tina gets mad at me for the way I pronounce it!

Jarls - berg cheese as I call it! Tina says,NO! It's Pronounced Yarlsberg.... The "J" is Pronounced as a "Y". So I say, why don't they just write it Yarlsberg? .... Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

eggandchili002.jpg

Then for supper, I made a pot of chili with beans. :cooking:

It looks like a slop pot of beans....it tasted OK, but not that great!
I used that Chill-o-mix from McCormicks whatever spice place!
Tina likes it, so it was what she likes. This Time!

eggandchili004.jpg

Looks like..."Hold Up Your Tin Cup!" *Plop*

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

ChickenChowMein.jpg

Breakfast.....I made a Egg sandwich with HOT Peppers and ( Tina mad At Jimmy Cheese! )

It's the cheese that Tina gets mad at me for the way I pronounce it!

Jarls - berg cheese as I call it! Tina says,NO! It's Pronounced Yarlsberg.... The "J" is Pronounced as a "Y". So I say, why don't they just write it Yarlsberg? .... Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

eggandchili002.jpg

Then for supper, I made a pot of chili with beans. :cooking:

It looks like a slop pot of beans....it tasted OK, but not that great!
I used that Chill-o-mix from McCormicks whatever spice place!
Tina likes it, so it was what she likes. This Time!

eggandchili004.jpg

Looks like..."Hold Up Your Tin Cup!" *Plop*

OH MY LORD!! You people are killing me with this food! YUMMY

PSSST Jimmy send me some Chili-o mix. I miss it.

Embryodad

OH MY LORD!! You people are killing me with this food! YUMMY

PSSST Jimmy send me some Chili-o mix. I miss it.

Peep... that chil-o-mix in the bottle is NOT the Same as the original one in the foil pouches / packets.

It has no nice red color or spice like the original ones. I was very disappointed. I have to go on line and see where I got those Frenches chil-o-mixes. I remember I bought like 24 packets.
I believe it was through Amazon. I have to check my order history.

Embryodad

I WAS GRASS AND YARD WORKING TODAY..Wow!

Tina dear, made Susans meatballs. Navy Wives Friend Susans Recipe from the 60's with cream of mushroom soup.

susansmeatballs002.jpg

Then..Scalloped Potatoes (from the package )

susansmeatballs001.jpg

susansmeatballs003.jpg

And... Velveta Brand Elbow macaroni and cheese Hamburger helper, but the Velveta brand. Good! Not like Glue! LOL

Dessert was Ice Cream Sandwiches.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm snacking on a cheese & fruit plate fer lunch. there's port salut, morbier, brie, & dried currants & apricots. a few marcona almonds, too.
too early to decide on a dinner, yet.

Attachments

• IMG_22721089.jpg
    IMG_22721089.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_22761090.jpg
    IMG_22761090.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 116